Acid reflux

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Zapper
Regular Contributor

Acid reflux

Postby Zapper » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:45 pm

Anyone having issues with acid reflux?
New symptom for me.. started 2 days ago. Eating bland doesn't cause it.. only when I eat my "experimental foods".
So far cantaloupe, French fries, and these good life cookies (free of dairy, soy, gluten, etc) cause it.
Just curious.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Acid reflux

Postby Ril » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:19 am

I have acid reflux but not connected with c diff. It started a couple of years prior.

Rita

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:39 am

I do have acid reflux directly related to CDIFF which cause me a hernia. I also had vomiting with CDIFF...thus the hernia. It has been difficult and I watch my diet carefully. that is very individual. I was on Aciphex and now that it is connected TO CDIFF, I am off it but it took weeks to get off. I now use a H2 inhibitor which I hope to wean off also in time.
I have tried the natural methods and the one that has helped me is Apple Cider Vinegar. I know that sounds crazy but research it online. I dilute a small amount in a glass of water. Tums and Mylanta work for a short time

NanciT

christyn
Regular User

Postby christyn » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:22 pm

I have had acid reflux for 14 years and ironically it was until I got cdiff did I get relief because of the limited diet. It will stir up when I try to experiment and when I go back bland goes away. My nutritionist has suggested a supplement of Digestive Enzymes to help process the food. I have been taking it for 3 weeks and seems to help a little but still having issues. However, just because it is not working for me does not mean it won't work for you.

Return to “FMT Discussion”