Post fmt recovery

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Post fmt recovery

Postby Tsc1964 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:41 am

Had my fmt Mar 21st been doing not to bad. Not back to normal for sure but no bad pain til this week. Ive did 2 home infusions with my teated donor. Held each a day.
Ive had alot gas bloating since fmt that was ok i could handle.
This week had WD blowout very unexpectedly in my pants then got wiped out an having alot right side pain cramping less apetite. Its very hard eat because nausea so bad. Ive lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks but ive ate more this month than in 6 months. Altho i been walking more an worked 3 days physical work even tho im pretty weak.
Mostly my bm are firmish but break apart an have had barnyard smell for about 5 weeks. Its different for sure an
Was gonna do another fmt this week but wondering if should wait an call gi an see can get in
Know he will want to test that scares me. I never presented with WD but mucus an so sick when would eat. My hubby wants wait think hes afraid too.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Re: Post fmt recovery

Postby amyc » Thu May 04, 2017 1:27 am

Call your doctor and figure out t what's going on. If you test positive a course of meds might cure you since the FMT put good bacteria back in your colon. If the test is negative you can use questran, pepto, and even Imodium without worrying that you could be masking symptoms.

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Postby Tsc1964 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:31 pm

Called my GI does not want to test at this point since just 1 episode D. Has me on colestipol a binder wbich dont think need because generally only go once day. I was concerned with right side pain an cramping severe nausea bloating bad.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri May 05, 2017 12:38 am

There is also a medical food called Enteragam with binds to the toxins and bulks up your stool and also increases immune response , ask your doctor about it.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:07 am

I got a lot of food intolerances when I was off vanco after my FMT. Maybe keep a journal of what you eat and see if anything triggers pain or D. For me it was fruit, vegetables, and dairy.

Return to “FMT Discussion”