First FMT today....

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Nancy25
Brand New Poster

First FMT today....

Postby Nancy25 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:35 pm

I contracted CDIFF about 3 years ago from my mother after she came home from the hospital. Ive had about 6 reoccurences. Most recently February 2017. I thought i had the stomach virus. But it was a bad flare up. Was put on Vanco every 6 hrs. Thought it cleared. Tested postive end of March. Was referred to a Gastro that does FMT. While I was waiting for my procedure to be scheduled my 4 year old started having diahrea and tested positive for CDIFF. As you all can imagine I have felt awful and tried my best bleaching bathrooms and taking proper precautions so no one else would catch this nightmare. Im extremely nervous now worrying about my child and hoping this FMT works. Glad I found this forum.

overit
Regular User

Re: First FMT today....

Postby overit » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Good luck today! FMTs have cured many on this site including myself! I had 3 recurrences and finally had a FMT last June. Hopefully your child gets well soon too!

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Postby Tsc1964 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:08 am

Wishing you the best recovery with your fmt. I bleached everything before i dont know how was so exhausted an sick an i still bleach little ocd on it right now. Hoping your little one gets over it fast. I had the absolute best nights sleep after my fmt an still sleeping good.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:39 am

I am sorry you have dealt with this nasty infection for so long, and that your little one caught it too. Hope the FMT will finally cure you and one course of treatment will be all your 4 year old needs.

Nancy25
Brand New Poster

Postby Nancy25 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:32 am

Thank you guys for your responses and well wishes. It is hard to talk about this with others that dont' really understand. I had my procedure around 2pm. It is now 2am and I've gone to the bathroom (all liquid-ish) about three times tonight. I hope that is normal Along with abdominal discomfort and gassiness. I am going to call my Dr. in the morning. My son was on the Vanco for 10 days. His stool is formed and I am hoping he makes a full recovery from just one treatment. My insurance would not cover the liquid form and it was a few hundread dollars. I have been giving him Kids Probiotoc Gummies because hes not crazy about yogurt. Thank you again for the support. Wishing everyone well and good health.

Return to “FMT Discussion”