4 weeks post fmt update

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

4 weeks post fmt update

Postby Tsc1964 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:31 pm

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since my fmt via colonscopy im far from perfect in general alot weakness an defiencies an some things are to high so believe thats causing issues in general throughout my body.
Have had improvement with stomach pain, havent used heating pad since fmt, i dont have that gnawing biting sensation like there was a rat in my stomach trying to claw out. Had couple rounds of D randomly an cdiff smell occasionally. I have tolerated most foods ive introduced which im doing slowly. At first was going right to bathroom soon feet hit floor in morning that is getting more back to normal. My bm are usually firm 1 to 2 day. Color smell still concern me but not obsessing.
I did home fmt last week, 1st one it was only about half enema bottle.
Im thinking of doing one a week an see how that goes or every other week jus to aid in good bacteria an healing. Hoping dont ger immune to my donors bacteria that concerns me. Mayb silly worry. My husband is my donor who was thoroughly tested . Im not even certain if the enemas make far but i held it for a day an stayed elevated.
One day at a time .

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Re: 4 weeks post fmt update

Postby Davidtm » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Congrats on making it 4 weeks! Hoping you have continued improvement and that this is it for you. 4 weeks is great and sounds like you've got a great attitude moving forward in your recovery. Can't speak for the home fmts as I've never done those but it won't hurt to get an M.D opinion on the best ways to do it.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:57 pm

Hi Tsc1964, I would think the home FMT's at least won't hurt, and may continue to replenish diverse, good bacteria. We all try intaking so many probiotics but who knows how much of these bacteria ever make it alive to the colon, or are even capable of colonizing. Even though it hasn't been perfect, making it 4 weeks has given your body time to heal. I had my FMT on March 2nd, and I just can't seem to develop any type of regular bowel activity. I mean, I'm not complaining, because I at least haven't had C Diff symptoms for this long!... but maybe my body just can't seem to stabilize with the unfamiliar bacteria, and maybe that will just take time. I had a check up last week, and they told me most people say they eventually normalize to their previous bowel habits after a few months.

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Postby Tsc1964 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:07 am

MKW
My GI told me takes good 2 to 3 months for the new bacteria to get established an expect total recovery to be 2 months for every month i had it. My body definitely took hard hit blood work all over place an my mind is not recovered at all i believe some if that is imbalances.
My worst thing is gas pain like never had before.
Im gonna continue with a few home fmt my donor is tested. Wishing you continued healing. Keep us updated.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:58 am

I did the home FMT enemas and they helped me quite a bit. My GI suggested it.

cnatra
Contributor

Postby cnatra » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:52 pm

beth22 wrote:
> I did the home FMT enemas and they helped me quite a bit. My GI suggested
> it.

so with home FMT enemas how is the donor sources&screened ??

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Postby Tsc1964 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:22 pm

My donor was my husband for my colonscopy fmt an was tested an dr is ok to test again if something would come up with him. I am doing 1 every week. Ive read some poeple ask family members friends an have open minded dr to test.

Return to “FMT Discussion”