Post fmt concerns an prescribed colestipol

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Post fmt concerns an prescribed colestipol

Postby Tsc1964 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:01 pm

11 days post fmt somethings have improved i dont have the pain an biting feeling. Had 2 days that had 1 episode WD in morning called GI he prescribed colestipol. Have not taken yet pharmacy just got in yesterday. But didnt have WD after them 2 episodes. Stools are fluffy an that golden color with smell is concerning me an im.having alot pain in neck legs arm, had that when first dx. go twice day generally in morning.
Havent taken anything for pain afraid to upset flora. Is the colestipol just to firm bm ? I dont want get constipated. An is it common to have cdiff smell an color after without active infection? My GI told my husband its gonna take good month or longer for the bacteria to really take hold. I thought about doing home fmt to help out but was told i could flush out the good bacteria because its an enema? Any thoughts on that?

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Re: Post fmt concerns an prescribed colestipol

Postby amyc » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Home FMT wouldn't wash out good flora, but your doctor may just want you to let things calm down in your colon? If your symptoms get worse I would recommend asking for a test.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:52 pm

Home enemas would not flush out the FMT you had. Some doctors recommend doing them at home for a few days after they do a colonoscopy FMT. Don't do any laxative prep before the enemas if you do decide to do them. That would indeed wash out some good bacteria.

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Postby Tsc1964 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:04 pm

I believe im going to do one Monday . I been studying procedures. I got alot benefits from colonscopy .im thinking it may help the fight in my colon of good bacteria .

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi Tsc1964, it has been a month since I had my FMT procedure, and I can tell you that since the procedure my BM's have a lot of odor and are a different odor and color than I have ever experienced. Maybe the color and odor are just different for you, but not a sign of C Diff. I had a day of watery D last week, and went and got tested but it was negative. It seems people have a lot of irregular goings on with their bowels following the procedure. I have read about home FMT enemas quite a bit, and have not come across any info that it would flush out good bacteria or negate any of the effects of a colonoscopy FMT. And I have read sometimes doctors recommend this as follow up to the procedure. But, since you are under the care of a doctor following this FMT you may only want to do what this doctor advises.

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Postby Tsc1964 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:59 am

That makes me feel alot better. Im tolerating foods pretty well not going nuts on alot new foods or sugar. But im happy about that. Think i will email my GI see what he says about diy fmt . Glad you are doing well its encouraging!

Return to “FMT Discussion”