So far fmt experience/ stopped dr putting in small bowel hope right decision

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

So far fmt experience/ stopped dr putting in small bowel hope right decision

Postby Tsc1964 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:15 am

Got thro my fmt yesterday around 4 they was running behind. I had not met the dr doing it til right before procedure he is in the gastro firm my dr works in. So prior to i asked him where exactly he would be putting sample an asked if putting any in small bowel. He said 1/3rd would go in small bowel. I asked him if that puts me at risk for sibo an he said theoretically yes. So i told him i prefer he not put in small bowel an he agreed. Hoping i made right decision on that. I asked him what diet he would recommend he said eat whatever you want. That be nice but unrealistic right now. Asked about probiotics an he said wait couple weeks. So im quite on my own. I follow up with my gi in 4 weeks. So far im.still holding it. I slept great last night first time in months. Dizzy this morning. Im second geussing if i made right decision on small bowel placement. Altho whats done is done.

Benh
Contributor

Re: So far fmt experience/ stopped dr putting in small bowel hope right decision

Postby Benh » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:56 pm

That is an interesting question on the small bowl. I am sure that others here with knowledge will chime in but the dr I consulted with in the event that I need a fmt said he would not go into the small bowl without much discussion or expalnantion. I think you are good to go and hope this is the permanent fix for you.

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Re: So far fmt experience/ stopped dr putting in small bowel hope right decision

Postby Tsc1964 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:56 pm

I seen on this forum an others so many getting sibo from being put in small bowel so i was afraid. Thats encouraging your dr said he wouldnt.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:04 pm

I got horrible SIBO from putting it into the small bowel. When I did FMT enemas on my own at home, I had no issues. It takes a long time to get rid of SIBO, if ever completely. I think you did the right thing. Better safe than sorry. Let us know how you do in the next few days.

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Postby Tsc1964 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:04 am

Beth , reading your experience stuck in my head im so glad i didnt forget to ask the dr where placement ead gonna be.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:44 am

I think you made a wise decision not to put the slurry into the small bowel , good for you. I myself had a naso-gastric infusion that failed and I think left me with SIBO but after doing several courses of Rifaximine it got better.
And your doctor is right about probiotics , you do not need them as you have received a superior probiotic trough the FMT , maybe a fiber supplement will help more as it feeds your new good bacteria and helps it grow.

Return to “FMT Discussion”