Fmt scheduled finally. Excited an nervous

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Fmt scheduled finally. Excited an nervous

Postby Tsc1964 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:16 pm

My fmt is scheduled next tues 21st at 2. Been waiting on this but got tell ya in nervous. Not so much about procedure but the prep because already so weak an the after. What to eat. I been on boost 2x day chicken bananas 2xday rice applesauce peaches coconut yogurt oatmeal. Ive definitely developed fear of food because everything i have tried outside of that has made me sick. My husband is so hopeful as well as rest of family. Im being cautiously optimistic. But man it be great to start seeing improvement. The meds been so hard on me. I told my husband that may be good idea follow up with home enemas in few weeks. Not sure but going back to dentist today cause still feels like infection in my mouth an thats freaking me out. Jus needed share an ask for prayers this is successful

Benh
Contributor

Re: Fmt scheduled finally. Excited an nervous

Postby Benh » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:15 pm

Good luck and will send prayers your way!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:13 pm

Yes, good thoughts and prayers your way. You may not need to take as much of the prep as a person who is having a normal colonoscopy. I only needed to drink half of what was prescribed and it was more than enough. Check with your doctor. Also ask about taking Imodium the morning of the procedure.

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Postby Tsc1964 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Thank you. Im gonna ask if can take less prep. My last colonscopy in 2014 it was to much an i was on floor in bathroom vomiting for hours. Kinda worried the procedure isnt til 2 an my donor will have sample in early morning. I got to many thoughts going thro my head about being so sick an weak about being able eat so long.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:49 pm

Make sure they keep that sample refrigerated.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:05 pm

TSC1964, I will be praying for you, and so glad to hear your procedure is scheduled. Make sure to stay well hydrated preceding and during your prep as allowed with clear gatorade and juice so you don't get too weak. The prep was really rough for me, but by the time I left to go to my procedure I was OK and was fine from that point forward. I was afraid of pain and cramping from the prep, but didn't experience anything unusual. Try to allow yourself to be hopeful. An 85% success rate is good odds :-)

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Postby Tsc1964 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:39 pm

Thank you. The prep kinda worrying me because i am so weak an get dehydrated fast. Im very fortunate to be getting it an being off meds will be great for me. Havent tolerated them well. It would be so awesome if i acquired my husbands calm demeanor from this transplant. Lol. He is healthy as a horse, doesnt do antibiotics he believes in the body fighting stuff off itself, 2nd degree black belt. Thats what im putting in my mind his bacteria going innan fighting off everything. Whatever it takes.

Roxanne
Regular User

Postby Roxanne » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:46 pm

I was very worried about the prep too. Managed the complete dose night prior. making it prior and chilling it, (Read the directions how many hours you can make it before drinking it) then drinking with a straw made a huge difference, Could only drink half in the am. Gatorid is great. The IV fluids will help bounce you back.

I was living on boxed mashed potatoes and baby food.

I'm two weeks out since I had the FMT. High energy, feeling great. Just doing necessary tasks was impossible, I have regained my life back. Brain fog still improving.

Prayers all will go well with you and the prep won't be so bad.

Bottoms up to a cure

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Postby Tsc1964 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:25 am

Thank you Roxanne i really really needed read this morning!

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:49 pm

NEVER say bottoms up to someone about to have an FMT:-)))

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Just wanted to wish you luck with your procedure. I really hope you get a resolution from this! I had my second fmt on the 23rd of February. The procedure is a piece of cake and although the prep isn't fun as others have said its really not that bad at all. I even had to drive myself 1 hour to my appointment after a night and early morning of prep. I shouldn't have but had no choice. I got a ride home and had to pick my car up the next day. Best advice I can give is not to stress it. A dental cleaning is more uncomfortable for me than the fmt. You will do great! Stay hydrated like others have said. Excited for you!

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Postby Tsc1964 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Thank you for encouraging me. Kudos to you for driving yourself no way i could im pretty weak. Praying this is it for cdiff.

Return to “FMT Discussion”