Question about Librax

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
cdaleguy
Contributor

Question about Librax

Postby cdaleguy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:20 pm

My question is for those who have taken Librax after having c diff. My GI started me on it yesterday and I'm really not wanting to take it but after Bentyl didn't do much she wants this. I took my first dose last night before bed. I woke up to go pee in the night and was super loopy and seemed pretty dizzy. I only intend to take it at night. Does anyone remember how long it took those side effects to stop? I don't want a benzo med but she's convinced I need to give this a try to see if it settles my gut. I think they'd also really like to make me chill out in general but I wish them lots of luck with that.

roy
Administrator

Re: Question about Librax

Postby roy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:52 pm

I think you should listen to your Dr and follow her advice.
Taking meds not as instructed won't make you better.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Did you test negative? I've never taken Librax so can't help. Did you ask about questran or colestipol?

cdaleguy
Contributor

Postby cdaleguy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:01 pm

So far I am still testing negative. D has mostly given way to loose. Still occasional D. They retested today on a whole list of stool samples they were doing for other things (trying to rule out absolutely everything before settling on IBS.) I submitted seven specimens this morning.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:11 am

I was on Librax for a couple of months 3 times per day and it helped , felt improvement right away , but because it stoped working i had to go back on Xanax , i went off of it cold turkey and had ZERO withdrawal. It may be a sedating at the beginning of treatment but as after a week or two it will get better. One pill of Librax per day might not be enough to help your symptoms , listen to your doctor and take the proper dosage.

Return to “FMT Discussion”