Concerned Post-FMT

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Re: Concerned Post-FMT

Postby Tsc1964 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:21 pm

Kbacks,
So sorry your going thro this. Is there a reason your on both such as co infection of some kind? Flagyl is such a harsh drug with alot of side effects. I was bedridden on it an also had allergic reaction along with neuropathy that is just now starting to let up an i took it in Nov. Stay hydrated with coconut water or i mixed pedialyte with water to keep out of hospital from dehydration . Hope you feel better soon an new dr will get you on way to healing.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:29 am

Kback
Welcome to the site , please read the first forum for rules of posting.
|So sorry you ended up with Cdiff. Why are you being treated with both Flagyl and Vanco? This combination is reserved for severe cases , life threatening , for ileus or toxic megacolon. If you are having a mild or a regular case of Cdiff this combo might be too much for you , but I'm not a doctor. Hope you can get an appointment with a GI soon!
Agree about Flagyl , is a awful drug , has lots of side effects , made me sicker then Cdiff itself.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:06 am

cdaleguy - Sorry, I just saw your post asking me a question. Yes, I tested negative for weeks after FMT via NG tube and then a few weeks later, relapsed with symptoms and tested positive.

Return to “FMT Discussion”