2 FMTs still problems

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
amyc
Long Time Contributor

Re: 2 FMTs still problems

Postby amyc » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:14 am

Porphyria. That does explain lots of things. I love the Mayo website for disease explanations.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... n-20028849

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:32 am

Acute porphyria symptoms.

It does sound a lot like what you describe. The treatment is to make sure you eat enough carbs and candy? Seriously.

So, get that C diff test in, and then buy a bunch of skittles--for medicinal purposes, of course. Absolutely you must let your GI know, and I would ask about anti-anxiety med to take when you have attacks. The porphyria could explain why you had trouble tolerating the anti-depressant you tried a couple of years ago.

You should also order a Med-Alert bracelet. I need to get one too for all my allergies and masto stuff.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:26 am

Here's a reminder of the site rules
It's ONE post a day about yourself and you don't reply to it untill the next day so you can read all replies.
No answering "ping pong " style, if you want to get into a conversation with someone use the PM feature.
Chat forum can be used for things other than c.diff.

Rules of Posting

- Indicate your approximate age and if you are male or female.

- Before creating a new topic for discussion, search to see if a similar topic already exists.

~ Follow standard grammar/spelling rules and avoid using slang and netspeak. Use punctuation and paragraphs. This makes it easier for us to read your posts and reply. We make exceptions for those from other countries who don't speak English as a first language.

~ Back and forth (ping pong) emails between a few does not benefit others or add information. If you want to chat with other members, email or PM them or use the Chat Forum.

~ Create subject lines that are clear. Avoid nOn -specific subject lines such as "Update."

- Your posts can be as long as you like, and you can post as often as you wish for the first 30 days you are a member. After that period, make your posts concise and limit them to one a day. You can ask multiple questions in the post There is no limit on posts to support others. You can post again in Chat Forum, but be reasonable about the number of posts.

~ The boards are categorized. Post in the appropriate forum and stay on topic. Do not repeat the post you are answering.

~ Do not double post or crosspost. Post in as few forums as possible - Gen. Dis, and Questions are the ones used the most - so we can read your posts and help you faster.

~ Avoid the use of all CAPITAL LETTERS in posts. All CAPS is considered "shouting."

~It's OK to disagree with someone, but we have a zero tolerance policy on flaming. Any attacks against another member will result in immediate revocation of membership.

- if you are answering another post, note the date of the post. If it is old, the person you are posting might not still be a member.

~ If you wish to alert others to information found elsewhere on the internet (articles, etc.), use a hyperlink. Do not cut and paste articles, etc. directly into your postings. Our site does not participate in file sharing without written permission from original authors.

~ Posts are deleted for content regardless of authorship. Not following guidelines for posting is the most common reason. Contact a moderator if you feel one of your posts was deleted and you want an explanation why. Admin. is not obligated to provide a reason.
Last edited by Bobbie on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:00 am, edited 39 times in total.
Reason: updating
Bobbie
Administrator

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:38 am

Roy "spelled it out." Please listen. We give brand new posters leeway, but some of you are not new and repeat the same questions over and over.

We understans how you feel but follow the rules if you want to stay on the site. We do not have enough moderators to answer the same questions again and again.

Several moderators suggested some of you seek professional help. Many of us have done so. C diff is a particularly upsetting disease. I've had it three times since 1993 - the first time for three years. I now have IBS. My son had c diff many years ago. It is one horrible infection.

We are here for you but have many posters and cannot spend excessive time answering the same questions. Participate in your own recovery - do research, keep busy, exercise if possible, and try to not obsess about c diff - difficult! If you must post more than once a day, use the Chat forum or PM each other.

Return to “FMT Discussion”