Post FMT Feeling Sick

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
Kmillion
Brand New Poster

Post FMT Feeling Sick

Postby Kmillion » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:14 pm

Hey guys! My name is Katrina and I'm new to this forum. I'm 23 years old, got diagnosed with c diff about two months ago after my appendectomy. I was on Vanco twice, and both of the times I got a relapse, so I decided to get the FMT done. I had it done last Friday, and since then I've been feeling very sick and don't know if those are C diff symptoms or just post FMT side effects. I've been having low grade fever, fatigue, bad cramps, nausea, drowsiness, constipation, chills and body aches. I was wondering if any of you guys have experienced something like that after the FMT and when would it usually get better. Thanks a lot!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Post FMT Feeling Sick

Postby beth22 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Welcome to the site and please read the first forum for more information.

Fever is not generally a symptom of FMT. Do you have any kind of cold or respiratory illness that could be doing that? If not, I would give the doctor a call. Nausea, constipation or diarrhea, even pain, I've heard about and experienced, but not the fever. I would definitely call the doctor and see if you could have something else. Did you get the FMT via colonoscopy?

Kmillion
Brand New Poster

Postby Kmillion » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:33 pm

Thank you so much for your response!

I did the FMT via colonoscopy, and thought the procedure itself went great. I'm really hoping it worked, because I could hold it in only for two hours, which makes me a little worried. I usually have a fever with my relapses and pain in the rectal area, which I'm unfortunately experiencing now as well. Don't have any other respiratory symptoms, so hoping it will pass soon. Just called the doctor and now waiting for him to call me back. Thanks again for your help!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:44 am

Agree with Beth , after FMT it takes a few weeks to get back to some kind of normal , all those GI symptoms are not unusual but fever and chills are definitely not die-off symptoms . You should go back to your doctor and discuss about those symptoms .

Return to “FMT Discussion”