Questran after FMT

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
okaylo
Regular Contributor

Questran after FMT

Postby okaylo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:15 pm

I just had my second FMT on 10/5/16 and am having issues with loose stools and D. I have struggled with this before cdiff when I was diagnosed with IBS-D almost 4 years ago, while taking antibiotics for SIBO and cdiff, and after both FMT's. I guess it's really always been a problem. My question is: Has anyone taken Questran post FMT to help with their BM's and to firm things up? I've taken Questran before and it has helped as far as binding me and reducing the "loose" issue but I want to see if anyone else has any experience with taking Questran particularly after an FMT. I did take Questran roughly two months after my first FMT for about 3 weeks at a very low dose but I ended up requiring a second FMT and here I am dealing with the aftermath. I am afraid to leave the house as every morning I have urgency and loose stools/D and sometimes mucus which I assume is my body's way of ridding itself of the meds, bad stuff, and that my colon is probably inflamed from everything it's been through ... I just want to have some sense of normalcy and not constantly be worrying about the bathroom as I go through the healing process...

Any thoughts, shares, or experiences on taking Questran or something similar after an FMT is appreciated!

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Questran after FMT

Postby Bobbie » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:54 am

Definitely, ask your docs about this - medical question and we are not in the medical field.

Let us know what you find out. Good luck.

okaylo
Regular Contributor

Re: Questran after FMT

Postby okaylo » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:07 pm

Doc said if I am having problems with things not firming up to take a simple Imodium as needed as the medication is very mild and very safe and will also help with gas, bloating, and cramping which I have as well. I believe all of my symptoms post FMT are IBS related but has anyone had lots of gas after their FMT and small amounts of mucus at times? I think everything needs time to re-balance and adjust but the nervous colon is very difficult to deal with and I'm afraid to leave the house.

Return to “FMT Discussion”