FMT - do it yourself

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
sferring
Brand New Poster

FMT - do it yourself

Postby sferring » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:54 am

You can do it yourself. Its' easy. I did it 15 years ago. All you need is good poop, blender, saline solution and pysllium husk for fiber. Blend it all together, put it in an enema bag and put it inside. Rub your stomach and turn on your different sides. That's all there is to it. doctors don't want to do it because there's no money in poop.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: FMT - do it yourself

Postby georgina » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:25 am

Dear Sferring
Please know that home enemas don't always cure you . I tried them , hubby was my donor (tested for GDH , parasites , other pathogens all negative) i did 20 home enemas , 5 in a row and then 1 every third day , but they failed , i tested positive two weeks after i finished them ( positive trough the old toxins test). They do not reach high enough into the colon like the scope does so maybe that is the reason they are not succesful like the FMT via colonoscopy. Glad it worked for you though.

code3rn
Regular Contributor

Postby code3rn » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:42 pm

I too had no luck with them. Perhaps if I had done a bowel prep first, but I think it's best to leave it up to the professionals for our safety. Glad to hear it worked for you though!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:02 am

They actually worked better for me than the colonoscopy prep. But, one very important thing that you did not mention is to SCREEN the donor. The donor needs to be tested and the tests have to be ordered by a doctor. I did my enemas under doctors supervision and my donor had all the testing done before I ever attempted it.

Return to “FMT Discussion”