Given 3 FMT Choices-and Costs?

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
pronin02
Regular User

Given 3 FMT Choices-and Costs?

Postby pronin02 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:22 pm

Im in Houston-had 3 cdiff infection since april-have been in antibiotics for 60 days. Referred for fmt-but its so complex. I have choices-the cost issue-I wonder if aetna reimburses? Trying to call their hotline or..?

So UT-University of Texas Houston called me-

1.)We could do the pill at no cost via serus health- BUT given Ive been on antibiotics more than 21 days Id have to finish them, test post for infection, then restart and then go on program.

2.)We can do fmt w colonoscopy at hermann hosp - 700.00 fee to clean the stool-paid to UT

3.)We can do the offer they gave me 6 weeks ago- 1500.00 for the fmt done via enema or pills via UT directly. money must be in full up front- its shocking to me they can do this.

Hermann hosp unit have been so unorganized -who knows how long it will take to have UT get coord with hermann for scheduling .

If I had 1500.00 Id go thru UT-they are on top on things there and can reach anyone as needed. But i dont have 1500 and dont want parents paying all that. I wonder if aetna my 2ndary insurance which cover fmt would reimburse me?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Given 3 FMT Choices-and Costs?

Postby beth22 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Serus is probably the SER-109 trial and it is just that, a trial. Ask if that is what it is. As far as I know, one group gets placebo and the other the real thing.

twistedp
Brand New Poster

Re: Given 3 FMT Choices-and Costs?

Postby twistedp » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:57 pm

Rebiotix is offering expanded access to RBX2660, their enema based, clinical-stage product that should complete phase 2 trials in the next month (we will know if it worked relative to placebo). The company has hinted that the results may be good and consistent with their previous trials of the same drug (90% response, but without a placebo control). In order to take advantage of their expanded access program you have to work through your physician. The company is only working with docs whom they are comfortable with and/or have an existing relationship. Also, your doc/hospital can't be a participating site for one of their trials or you can't qualify for one of their trials and receive the drug through expanded access. Not sure of pricing.

Return to “FMT Discussion”