Almost a success story

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
overit
Regular User

Almost a success story

Postby overit » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:28 pm

I had my 2 month follow-up with my GI dr after my colonoscopy FMT this week and I feel 75% better! Last night I was able to go out to dinner and actually enjoy a glass of wine with no repercussions!
I still have gas and bloating but it's bearable compared to the other symptoms of cdif. My GI wants me to stop Florastor for a week to see if that's contributing to the gas and bloating. He also said that in the chance I do get cdif again I could go straight to a FMT without having to try a series of antibiotics again.
My BMs are nowhere near where they were pre cdif, but they've been pretty consistent since my FMT so this may be my new normal. I won't retest for another month but I'm finally shedding some of the anxiety and feeling confident that it will be negative when I do test.
I wanted to share to give hope to those getting a FMT.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Almost a success story

Postby NanciT » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Great to read this!!! Sounds like you are well on your way...and a glass of wine!!! Thanks for posting , we love good news!
NanciT

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:30 am

Great to hear that things are getting better and you were able to enjoy a glass of wine! Thanks for sharing some positive news for others to read.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:35 am

Glad you are doing so well , i wish you continuos improvement . Be careful with wine however , alcohol can really upset your gut.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:14 am

Congrats. Continued improvement.

Return to “FMT Discussion”