Die off?

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Die off?

Postby beth22 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:52 am

Susan - Didn't you have a colonoscopy transfer? The prep for that and having a scope stuck into your intestines is irritating and can cause inflammation and probably the mucus. After my FMT I got a LOT of food intolerances. See if something that you are eating, even if you could eat it before without problems, might be causing problems now. For me it was dairy, but also fruit and vegetables. Some people can't tolerate gluten. I've had M before and I remember about a week after my first colonoscopy FMT - tested as well, and it was negative. It's going to be stools all over the place for a while most likely. After a while, you will probably settle into some kind of a pattern, but things need to calm down a bit. My doctor told me at least 6 months, probably more like a year. Give it some time.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: Die off?

Postby getwellsoon » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:30 am

I had mucous attacks and was very worried also. I took over a year to see some real healing. Felt awful the whole time. If you get a neg. test numerous times and no constant D your poor colon is trying to recover. It will take a long time for you obviously. The mucous just means inflammation for most. I saw a colo-rectal surgeon and he scoped me in the office and all was well. He told me to take Metamucil of any fiber supplement to mask the mucous and it worked. I hope this makes you feel some better as I know how scary seeing just mucous come out. I was the same, after the M attack, stool would be back to normal, which for me was loose. Try to accept that you are healing now and it won't happen overnight. Hope you feel better soon.
CAROL

Return to “FMT Discussion”