General ill feeling after FMT

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
gwang
Regular Contributor

General ill feeling after FMT

Postby gwang » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:20 am

So I did 6 DIY FMT under a dr supervision. He sent the FMT enemas to me.

I finished all 6 about 1 and 1/2 weeks ago. My stool is coming out more brown (before it was paleish in color) and I'm going about once a day (before I was going 3x a day). My food is also being digested and I have a lot less flatulence (now it's around 10x a day vs 25x a day before).

That being said, I still have mild abdominal pain (nothing that wakes me up at night). I still get very poor (unrefreshing sleep). My Fitbit says I get around 7-8 hrs of sleep but about an 1 hr is restless. Also I just feel lethargic and at times a bit depressed. I'm assuming this is from the Microbiome. My testostrone test came back low so this may be what is causing the depression and lack of restful sleep.

Anyone have FMT's and felt these symptoms and slowly improved?

roy
Administrator

Re: General ill feeling after FMT

Postby roy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:34 pm

When you were posting as Richlin you did many DIY FMTS! And made yourself sick.
You must be an expert by now so why keep asking about this.
I have never heard of a Dr supplying the material for a DIY FMT.
I would think that would be dangerous for his own career!
As for excess flatulence it might be an idea to fart in a plastic bag and take a sample to your Dr so he can smell your bull shit as well!

gwang
Regular Contributor

Postby gwang » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:13 pm

Hi Roy,

I don't understand your accusations and why you are being so negative... Is this the way to treat your community members? Why the aggression?

At some point, what you are doing can be considered harassment. I hope you consider your actions are putting a pretty negative light on these forums.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:35 pm

Please post your doctor's name and the source of the FT material so visitors can benefit from your experience, because you have made a dramatic improvement. Counting your farts is very strange, and Roy and Bobbie asked you some questions a couple of weeks ago that you never answered. They are just trying to protect the board and trying to protect people who come here searching for answers because they have a scary infection.

gwang
Regular Contributor

Postby gwang » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:59 am

@amyc

With how Roy is responding to me I'm afraid not only for myself but for my dr. I'd rather not put anyone in jeopardy...

If anyone is interested please private message me. Thank you.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:00 am

Actually, there are doctors who provide patients with the FMT material. I know of someone who did this - she used to post on this board. I also checked into FMT last year and the doctor offered to provide me with OpenBiome fecal material that I could administer in enemas at home, but I did not want to use a donor that I did not know, so I opted to use my relative. I don't think that you can post the doctor's name without permission either, so don't do that. If this is a place that advertises this type of service, you can post a link. My friend used a facility in Oregon.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:34 am

Roy , you crack me up !!! LOOOOL !!
Gwang , agree with everybody here , counting farts is not normal. Be carefull with home FMT , and the donors that you are using , you might end up reinfecting yourself.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:11 am

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:03 am

I might have sounded harsh but you have still not explained the reasons for multi identity
Also this site is for c.diff sufferers not for IBS.
You state you are a long term IBS sufferer and did FMT with untested doners and ended up sicker.
Possibly with c.diff once but multiple negative tests since.
FDA banned FMT in any form for IBS because it's risky.
You ask for opinions, then take the risks anyway.
People have taken a lot of time to answer you but no more daily poop and gas reports please.
If you use the search feature before asking questions the answer will probably already be there.

Perhaps an IBS site is more appropriate.

Return to “FMT Discussion”