13 days post colonoscopy FMT and having a bad day

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: 13 days post colonoscopy FMT and having a bad day

Postby beth22 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:01 pm

I was deficient in vitamin D too and when the levels normalized, my GI symptoms improved as well.

Nancyv
Brand New Poster

Postby Nancyv » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:04 pm

I will be 2 weeks post colonoscopy FMT tomorrow. I had salmonella poisoning in mid June. Spent a week in the hospital and almost died. Discharged on Bactrim for 10 days. Was then tested for C Diff which came back positive. Took a course of Vancomycin and again tested positive for C Diff, thus the FMT on July 29th. After the initial gas, bloating, feeling unwell, things seemed better for a week or so then the last few days I have had loose watery stools. I have read until I am blue in the face as to what I should expect, should I have continued with the probiotics or stopped them, adhered to a specific diet, etc. and then stumbled onto this forum. Wondering if it has been long enough for the FMT to have worked, should I plan on it taking longer, etc. Submitted another stool sample to the lab this a.m. to check for C Diff again. I have had ulcerative/collagenous colitis for approx. 12 years and am unsure if my symptoms are partly due to the colitis. Curious as to what others experience has been. My GI Dr. wants to try Dificid if I test positive again today. Am back to having severe cramping and 6-8 + watery stools as of today, my energy is bottomed out, and I am frustrated. My Dr. is on vacation so I am going on what the Dr. who is covering for her is ordering. I am concerned about getting to the point of dehydration I had with the Salmonella. Any suggestions other than drinking copious amounts of water that would help with hydration. I know that in the grand scheme of things my condition could be much worse compared to others but I have read so may horror stories about C Diff continuing for such long periods of time that I am worried I will never get rid of it. Like others...I want my life back.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:26 am

Hi Nancy. I would recommend starting a fresh post up in questions about C diff so people will see it so you can get replies. I never had an FMT, so I can't help you. Sorry to read about your struggle with Salmonella and C diff back to back.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:25 am

Nancyv - I moved your post to a new thread under cdiff questions so that you get replies.

Return to “FMT Discussion”