4th FMT and struggling

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
skizamii
Contributor

Re: 4th FMT and struggling

Postby skizamii » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:53 pm

Came down with classic c diff symptoms yesterday...countless bouts of watery D for awhile now along with flu like symptoms, severe nausea, can hardly drink anything let alone eat, mucus, abdominal pain, etc. :-( After 2 days went to the Dr. and got labs for c. Diff tests...doesnt feel like the flu but hoping it is. Hit almost instantly, had some issues Friday morning, nausea Saturday night, started to churn Sunday then it all broke loose yesterday. Have been 8.5 months c diff free..

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:33 pm

Ugh! I know it's hard not to panic, but after all this time, it's got to be a bug of some kind. If it's back, I would be completely in shock. I have to believe that it can't be back for you. Praying for negative results. Please let us know. You had such a tough road and have been doing so well.

Be hopeful and hang in there,
Lisa

skizamii
Contributor

Postby skizamii » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:32 pm

C diff negative...i was in shock, it felt like classic c. Diff. Appears as though drug withdrawal/anxiety perfectly imitates c. Diff. I am on Remeron dissolving tablets...insurance stopped paying, so I switched to regular tablets. 3 days later diarrhea, nausea, etc. I had a few dissolving tablets left so I switched, hunger came back, nausea and D gone. I thought it stopped due to starting lots of probiotics, but appears as though its due to meds. Dr. Wanted me to start cymbalta, which i did Thursday after things got back to normal. D with body aches started up after that again.

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:55 pm

So happy you are negative! That is great to hear. Is there an alternative to the Remeron for you? There was an article a few years back saying it was implicated in c diff: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/803712

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:13 am

Glad your test was negative , you must be relieved! Try to taper Remeron very very slow , withdrawing from remeron is not easy . I suffered for weeks after my last Remeron pill !

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:24 am

Oh thank goodness you got a negative test! I'm so sorry that you continue with these struggles though. But negative for c-diff must be a huge relief! I am going to lock this thread as it's getting long. Please open up a new thread with the same name and Part 2 if you would like to continue this conversation. Thanks so much and again, I'm so happy for you on the negative result!

Return to “FMT Discussion”