Preparing for my FMT

If you have had or are considering an FMT please share your experiences here.
skizamii
Contributor

Re: Preparing for my FMT

Postby skizamii » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:42 pm

Thanks Bea, much appreciated. I'm also coming off Seroquel which causes massive GI issues including D, so I'm mentally ignoring my symptoms for now.

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:24 pm

You're going through so much, skizamii. How often are you having D? Stay hydrated. Hope you feel better soon!

skizamii
Contributor

Postby skizamii » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:00 am

Saturday was bad for D, yesterday was less, and just loose so far today so hopefully that is a good sign. I am drinking coconut water to stay hydrated, evidently pedialtye and gatorade are bad news with all the non-natural stuff and sugar it has. Coconut water actually has substantially more electrolytes and none of the bad stuff.

Its been extremely difficult since this all started last October. Doctors in Michigan have hurt me substantially by introducing lots of terrible drugs that are causing issues (Klonopin, Cymbalta, Seroquel, all of which make GI doctors cringe and has been horrific coming off). I'm down to just 25 mg of Seroquel, so until I get off all the poison that has been prescribed to me I won't be able to truly know if c. diff is gone or not as it causes c. diff symptoms.

I would like to start a campaign and educate people about the medical community, being your own advocate, and caution the use of prescription drugs. It has just been an unbelievable experience.

Return to “FMT Discussion”