Is it possible to relapse after covid vaccine?

Post any updates here but please note we are not experts, this is for support only
Steffi
Contributor

Is it possible to relapse after covid vaccine?

Postby Steffi » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:51 am

Hi dears,

I just read a very concerning story where someone got cdiff a few weeks after covid vaccine ... he does not say that the vaccine is the reason, can be just a coincidence, but still, I am concerned and decided to ask you whether you have heard about someone who has relapsed or even got for a first time cdiff as a result of covid vaccine.

Many thanks in advance!

Steffi

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Is it possible to relapse after covid vaccine?

Postby beth22 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:08 am

I don't know of anyone who got Covid from the vaccine, but I know many people who got it despite having had a vaccine or multiple vaccines. Some of them even got it twice. The vaccine is supposed to protect you from severe illness or death from Covid. It does not prevent you from getting it. The people I know did not get severe illness and were all well within a week to 10 days. A few took Paxlovid, but most got over it on their own.

Steffi
Contributor

Postby Steffi » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:14 am

Thank you Beth!

Actually I am asking whether it is possible to have clostridium difficile relapse after covid vaccine, this was the question, sorry if I did not explain it properly :)

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:29 pm

Sorry - I did not read carefully enough. I have not heard of anyone who got c difficile after a covid vaccine.

Steffi
Contributor

Postby Steffi » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:23 pm

Thank you Beth!

GtrGrl
Regular Contributor

Postby GtrGrl » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:34 am

Neither have I. I don't see why they would be connected, it sounds like an unfortunate coincidence.

EDIT: I have since changed my mind about this. The more we learn about Covid and how it disrupts the microbiome, the more I suspect it is why I was so susceptible to C Diff in the first place and that the MRNA vaccines can possibly have the same disruptive effect in *some* people.
Last edited by GtrGrl on Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steffi
Contributor

Postby Steffi » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:25 pm

Thank you GtrGrl

Return to “Covid-19 discussion”