Please pray for my mom! She fell.

If you want to “chat” with your friends on the site, do it here.Talk about the weather, personal problems, or other topics. This forum is lightly moderated, and you may (within reason) post here more often than usual, but Rules of Posting (including no profanity or personal attacks on others) still apply. For lengthy discussions, PM or email.
roy
Long Time Contributor

Re: Please pray for my mom! She fell.

Postby roy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:14 pm

I hope they tested her urine and did not just say UTI because it's cloudy!
Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:15 pm

They did test her urine Saturday night. They also sent it for culture and should have those results soon.

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:33 pm

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. My mom finally got home yesterday. She had different doctor's in the hospital and everyone had a different opinion regarding the UTI. She did have low sodium and it's finally coming back up. The first doctor said her urine culture came back as mixed bacteria which almost always means the sample was contaminated, but he said since her urine was cloudy he felt confident it was a UTI, so he was treating her with oral antibiotics, then wanted to switch to oral Levoquin for two weeks. Yesterday she had a different doc and he said her new urine culture was negative, so he told her he wasn't comfortable giving her Levoquin because typically a UTI is only treated for three days anyway. He said he doesn't like overdoing antibiotics. I hate when everyone has a different opinion because you don't know who to believe sometimes! Main thing is she is improving! So anyway, she is home and is resuming home health care.

Return to “Chat Forum”