Vanco and heart problems?

If you want to “chat” with your friends on the site, do it here.Talk about the weather, personal problems, or other topics. This forum is lightly moderated, and you may (within reason) post here more often than usual, but Rules of Posting (including no profanity or personal attacks on others) still apply. For lengthy discussions, PM or email.
Tina
New User

Vanco and heart problems?

Postby Tina » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:14 pm

Has anyone else had problems with oral vanco and fast heart beat and high nlood pressure my doc days its all in my mind thst im having severe panic attacts am i worrying my srlf into a heart attack

roy
Long Time Contributor

Re: Vanco and heart problems?

Postby roy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Trust your Dr. They are probably correct.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:46 pm

An infection can raise your blood pressure and give you fast pulse rate. It has happened to me. When I got c diff, I had that, but when I started the vanco, it stopped. Worry can also do it. However, I have an auto-immune thyroid disorder and people who do can have any illness trigger the symptoms. When I had the flu last year, it set my thyroid symptoms off big time and I had insomnia, rapid heart beat, rise in BP, etc. If it continues and you don't think that it is from stress, then see a cardiologist. But, stress can also do it.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:14 pm

I had issues with Vanco and it took time to figure out. It can cause hypokalemia( low potassium) and in my case it did. This caused several issues which landed me in the ER, one of which was cardiac. If you feel it continues while on the medication, ask your MD for lab work to check your electrolytes.
I do want to add CDIFF can cause terrible anxiety which can also caused rapid heartbeat and hypertension.

NanciT

Return to “Chat Forum”