orange juice

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
mathme
Brand New Poster

orange juice

Postby mathme » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:09 am

Having this problem was one of the scariest moments for me. I thought for sure my life would be over. I tried to drink so much probiotics but it gave me so much pain and rumbling at night. Then one day, I did not have a chance to eat anything all day. That night I decided to eat a bit of soup. I did not have much appetite that night, so I ate only a bit of the soup and drink a glass of orange juice. I knew drinking the orange juice would be a bad idea, but I did not care at that point. That night, my whole stomach was cleaned out. Amazingly, after that, the problem was completely gone and it's been 3 years. I don't know why it was gone but that exactly what happened that night. I remember going to this forum a long time ago looking for a solution, but I keep forgetting to come back and tell my story. :-)

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Re: orange juice

Postby Kathy George » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Never heard of orange juice curing C-Diff, however, what works for one does not necessary work for another. I glad that you are C-Diff free. Your post gives hope to those who are suffering at the present time. Enjoy life!!!!
Kathy
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

debdee
Regular Contributor

Postby debdee » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:25 am

How long did you have c.diff before your were cured? Did you also take vanco before drinking all the probiotics? Thank you for sharing your story. I wish you continued health.

cdiffrun
Regular Contributor

Postby cdiffrun » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:59 am

your own bodies has strategies it uses to fight against bacteria- mostly through acids and peroxides. orange juice may have made your GI tract more acidic and inhospitable to the bad guys. If it was old enough it may have contained Saccharomyces, a yeast
C Diff run - Run Diff Run! :)

My anti C diff recurrence regiment: Daily intake of Lifeway Kefir (15-20 billion CFUs and 12 strains!), boulardii + lactobacillus probiotics (I use Nexabiotic 23 strain multi-probiotic)

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:11 am

I drank Orange Juice day after day and still relapsed numerous times. I don't think Orange Juice alone will cure anything but maybe the mildest infection if that but if it worked for you I'm glad. The body can fight off this infection on its own but once CDiff toxins overwhelm the colon its time for medicine. The newer ones, esp. Dificid don't destroy as much of the good flora as Flagyl. If you are very ill please go to a Dr. don't wait until the infection gets too bad or it could go into toxic megacolon.
CAROL

mathme
Brand New Poster

Postby mathme » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:53 am

I don't remember how long I had it. It was more than two months. I had diarrhea after every single meal. That day I didn't eat anything, maybe something small in the morning. I didn't feel good that day. I was on a long road trip. When I got home, I tried to eat soup but could only eat a few spoons. So, I just drank orange juice for some nutrition. That night my stomach released everything that was in there. But I felt so much better after that. And my problem was gone after that.

I really don't know what helped me to get rid of it, but that is all that happened that day. I do remember that I tried to drink a lot of probiotics few days before. I tried to find the ones that had billions, and I drank multiple pills from different brands. My stomach was rumbling every night that I took those. It was painful.

debdee
Regular Contributor

Postby debdee » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:14 pm

mathme, thank you for your reply. Your story is very unique. Did you test for c.diff when all this started for you -- during the two months of diarrhea after each meal? Did you take flagyl or vanco? Just wondering.

mathme
Brand New Poster

Postby mathme » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:48 pm

I have always avoided going to the doctor due to financial problems.

I had a throat infection so friend of mine gave me some antibiotics. It was too much antibiotics. I remember my stool turning black during taking the medications. After that, I had diarrhea everyday after every meal. I never went to the doctor to see exactly what it was because it was a bit embarrassing for me. So, I just google my symptoms to see what it could be. I noticed a lot of people recommending probiotics (take a lot of it). So, I just bought a whole bunch of priobiotics from over the counter. The problem persisted for a long time until that night I decided not to eat anything all day but had that flush after the orange juice.

I really don't know exactly if it was c diff that I had, but the symptoms were exactly the same, and it all went away after that flush.

debdee
Regular Contributor

Postby debdee » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Mathme, thank you for sharing your experience. I wish you continued health!!

AThurston
Long Time Contributor

Postby AThurston » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:10 pm

I'm not so sure it was cdiff, D is most constant w/ c diff. Alot more than just after meals.. I'm not a dr, so this is just my opinion. You could have had a mild case or another bacteria colon wise and all the probiotics could very well have flushed it out... I'm happy for you, better to heal oneself if infection can be effective w/out Rx meds...
Alletta

mathme
Brand New Poster

Postby mathme » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Thank you for all the blessings. I wish everyone that goes here get healed as well. Having this problems placed so much stress on me during those times. I remember waking up during the middle of the night a few times. I remember having to make sure I was always near a restroom. The reason I had to go on here to post my story is so that people could having the same success as I did. I wish everyone great health! :-)

Return to “Success Stories”