Happy 1 year to me :)

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
youngmom28
Regular Contributor

Happy 1 year to me :)

Postby youngmom28 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:12 am

That's right! Today is my 1 year anniversary for testing negative after a horrific 7 month battle.

I will keep this short, but to quickly recap:
-January 2011 had C-section with first child. Got Clindymicin IV and developed cdiff exactly 2 weeks later.
-3 very serious hospitlizations
-2 rounds of Flagyl, 3 tapering doses of Vanco, finally Dificid came on the market and I was the first prescribed at the cleveland clinic
-10 day round of Dificid and there my cdiff went, right down the toilet :)
-Not going to lie August-January was horrible, I went and tested many times thinking it was back but it wasnt
-Not only was I struggling physically, but more so emotionally, the mental torment this disease plays on someone is horrific
-Lost 96 pounds
-Beginning in March of 2012, things started to settle down
-I have not had an issue or incident since
-The PI-IBS lasted about 8 months which wasnt easy

TODAY!!!! I can say Im back to normal. I eat whatever I want and am at a very healthy weight of 125! I have waited a full year to finally post this!

Advice:
DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE! I can tell you there were days, I truly didnt want to go on. As you know the pain and suffering physically and emotionally with this disease is harsh and at time unbearable. The key to my success: Support. I had family members who never let me lose hope and who never let me stop fighting. When I couldnt they would. My faith in God kept me hopeful and I depended on him for a complete healing.

My daughter is 18mos old this summer and we have enjoyed every day of this summer swimming, vacationing, going to playground...etc...

THANK YOU THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU ON HERE FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT! I COULDNT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU!

Please I beg those of you still struggling- keep fighting! Those of you who may contract this after birth, please PM me and I will give you my cell phone number and we can talk!! There was nothing so angrier to me than this disease robbing me of the first 7 months of joy with my daughter, but now, I look back and all I can be is grateful for my parents, friends, and husband who helped take care of my daughter just like I would.

Love to you all and prayers going up for those struggling. Dont let Cdiff get the best of your mind....FIGHT!

Marissa

AThurston
Long Time Contributor

Re: Happy 1 year to me :)

Postby AThurston » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:18 am

That is wonderful news!! Your story is an inspiration for all... I'm so happy for you....
Alletta

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:39 am

That is wonderful news indeed and thank you for sharing it with others. I wish you all the best - enjoy your daughter and your life!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:38 pm

Youngmom,
So glad for you. Thanks for posting. Enjoy!!!

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:56 pm

Thank you so much for posting that, it gives such renewed hope to all who are still suffering. One thinks they will never get over CDiff and when we read a success story like yours it gives such a lift to the sick. I'm so glad you got support here and are now returning to give it. Please keep us posted of your progress and I will keep you in my prayers that you never see CDiff again and continue to enjoy life. So wonderful you are getting to enjoy that baby this summer. God Bless, Carol
CAROL

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi Marissa, It’s great to hear from you!!!! What an enlightening story which brings hope and confidence to those still suffering from this beast. Continue to live life to the fullest and don’t let any stone unturned!!!!! God Bless you and your family!!!!
Kathy
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:19 am

Marissa, we have another new mom with C. diff. Hope she contacts you. Thanks for "giving back" to the site.

youngmom28
Regular Contributor

Postby youngmom28 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Bobbie,
Please encourage her to contact me or PM me. Id be more than happy to chat with her via phone or email, whatever she may need. I will look through here too!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:51 pm

I PMed saraht, too. Glad you and your daughter are doing well.

debdee
Regular Contributor

Postby debdee » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:43 am

Marissa, I'm so glad you are well and enjoying life with your daughter and family! Thank you so much for sharing your story -- it encourages me. I'm also glad that you posted that it does take time to heal. I think I was going through the healing, but was expecting to heal faster, and did some "natural treatments" that may have made things worse. If I need to start over, then I will keep the healing process in mind. Thank you for sharing. Please check in every now and then to update us.

angelicabuonopane
New User

Postby angelicabuonopane » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:31 pm

way to go, im so happy for you, i am only 14 years old and i was exposed to alot of antibiotics which had caused me to have c diff for 10 months straight.... like you i just had my one year negitive for c diff in july..... unfortunatly i missed all of 7th grade due to all of the nasty symptoms that c diff caused for me. and 8th grade was a perfect year only 2 absents all year, now i was a week away from starting 9th grade and i started not feeling well..... yesterday all day in the E.R and today when all my friends start high school i was at home waiting for results.... wish me luck and congrats to your great recovery:)

debdee
Regular Contributor

Postby debdee » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:39 pm

angelica, I pray that you do not have c.diff and that whatever it is, will pass quickly, and that you can get to school this week!

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:17 pm

What an inspirational post!!!!! Thanks you for sharing!!!!!
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

GGB
Contributor

Postby GGB » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:07 pm

Angelica, thanks so much for your uplifting post. I so needed to hear this! In my eighth month with c-dif, on my fourth round of Vanco and weary, weary, weary of this beast. When I hear of moms with young children going through this, my heart breaks for them. So very thankful you are doing so well and can now fully live your life with your little one!

angelicabuonopane
New User

Postby angelicabuonopane » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:00 pm

thank you very much, still waiting for the results but it seems like its taking forever......

thanks for the support.

Return to “Success Stories”