natural approach!!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
JennB
New User

Re: natural approach!!

Postby JennB » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:37 am

Would you mind posting your rice recipie? Thx!

BananaSlug

Postby BananaSlug » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:32 pm

What kinda tumeric is this? fresh kind? i wanna ask my doc about this and look into it, as he is open-minded about natural stuff as well. my manager at work mentioned tumeric to me... and how it helped her husband with a nasty infection, and "supposedly (i mean this strongly! "supposedly", nothing has bene proven)" helped clear out some heart artery blockage for someone at her church. he was on tumeric for a while before the surgery to see if it helped, and when they went back in for surgery, he didnt have anymore blockages. i also heard Grapefruit seed extract is very similar.. with antibiotic characteristics, and also helps with dysbiosis. im leery about that cos... if its that potent, and as studies show... couldnt it.. itself actually cause cdiff? or make things worse? i know nothing about tumeric except what she told me. gonna look into it now online.

ppp67
Regular Contributor

Postby ppp67 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:38 am

here is the recipe. Honestly, I'm a hopeless cook.
So this easy recipe was a godsend. I just bought cheap turmaric spice in a plastic bag
at the grocery story. I use basmati rice. And butter -- organic and unsalted.
Maybe I should use more butter?

http://www.food.com/recipe/simple-turmeric-rice-324541

Here is another link that explains things as well.
I don't know how much turmaric actually gets into the colon, if any.
And I also read that you need to add pepper to the turmaric to
make it effective. As if I'm going to do that!!
I've done enough stupid things for one year.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400915/C ... meric.html

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:57 am

Curcumin comes from tumeric. So, if you get capsules some may say Tumeric curcumin, etc. I was told to use the curcumin as straight Tumeric is more for joint inflammatin, but the curcumin supposedly was better for GI stuff. And, yes, grapefruit seed extract can not only be hard on the GI tract, but there have been a couple of posters who said it made them relapse. I don't know if this was the reason or not, but this is what they thought and posted. I would check with your doctor. That kind of supplement is good usually when you are post meds, but when you have active c diff I don't think they are strong enough.

ppp67
Regular Contributor

Postby ppp67 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:11 am

Things are still good. Just bought pickles and saurkraut and had them with dinner.
It was ok. Also mixing kefir with almond-drink -- which is supposed to be a milk replacement.
Looked at ensure and manuka honey and they both have alot of sugar.
As well, the honey looks very clear. It's dark like it should be but the clearness suggests its pasteurized.
So I skipped both.

I'll keep you updated. After supper, I think I had more energy though my blood pressure is still very
low, and heart rate is up (from 65 to 85 bpm).

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:29 pm

Whatever works for you. But if you "go south" do contact your doc. We are not here to advise but to support you.

Return to “Success Stories”