A big hug and THANKS to the contributors of this site

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
renamom
Regular User

A big hug and THANKS to the contributors of this site

Postby renamom » Sat May 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi again!

Passing by to say hello and to follow up. I last had cdiff in december but after a self administered fecal transplant followed with a round a dificid im so happy to say i have conquered the horrible beast. As some of you may have remember, i got cdiff after giving birth due to clindamyacin which was administered for a fever during labor and post partum. I had never exprerienced such a horrid moment in my life. I firmly believe i got heavy post partum depression, anxiety and paranoia from the cdiff infection. It ruined my time with my newborn, dried my breast milk, and created a madness in my mind that i drove me to my witts end.

i found this support group but was hesitant to join because i was in denial and was sure my first round of flagyl would cure me. After my 2nd relapse i joined and suddenly felt understood. i didnt feel alone anymore as no one in my family or friends understood what i had. I am very greatful and very thankful to all who have been a part of this mess, i think this support group kept me sane.

I havent had any major issues since cdiff. im now lactose intolerent, have a sensitive stomach, and still a bit paranoid about germs especially sinc i work in a hospital. But i have brought cdiff up to the epidemiology dept and now our dept is stacked with bleach wipes and coworkers wash their hands more often.

THANK YOU FOLKS FOR UR SUPPORT, HOPE AND PRAYERS!

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: A big hug and THANKS to the contributors of this site

Postby Bobbie » Sat May 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Thank you for your wonderful post. It is people like you who keep me on this site. Many post incessantly and once they are well they are "outta here." I'm so glad you are not one, glad we helped you, and thankful you are helping educate others. You might have a sensitive stomach for some time - many do, and some have to be careful of dairy products. Sometimes Lactaid helps. Germaphobia also "goes with the territory." I admire you for working in a hospital. Keep well and check in again in a couple more months. With every good wish.

arose
Regular Contributor

Postby arose » Sun May 27, 2012 1:45 am

I adore success stories, they always make me smile. So happy you are doing well!!

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Sun May 27, 2012 6:43 am

How wonderful that you are cured. Thanks for letting us know. I hope to one day post in the success stories. I almost made it but glad I didn't post because I relapsed 4 months out from Vanco taper. It does happen. I'm just over another taper so we'll see how it goes. If I go 6 months I'll post here too. Heres hoping you have conquered this horrible illness and will never suffer again. Please do let us know how you do in future. Carol
CAROL

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Sun May 27, 2012 8:59 am

Glad we could be of help!!!!! It certaining sounds you are on the road toward a complete recovery!!!!! Don't look back, just move forward, time to enjoy life to it's fullest!!!!!!
Kathy
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

AThurston
Long Time Contributor

Postby AThurston » Sun May 27, 2012 11:03 am

Wonderful... I am so happy to see you are in recovery mode and conquered the beast... Thank you for posting.... Take care...
Alletta

AnnieKr
New User

Postby AnnieKr » Wed May 30, 2012 10:42 am

Hello, I am brand new here, and am very grateful to hear that Dificid worked for you. I am starting it today. I have had C diff since Feb 12, 4 recurrences, flagyl, vanco x 2, home fecal enema....you know, and I was wondering how long will it be after taking the Dificid will the D stop? Thank you so much.
AnnieKr

Return to “Success Stories”