11 months!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Elvish
Regular Contributor

11 months!

Postby Elvish » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:35 pm

I haven't posted or updated in awhile, so I figured I'd give an update - In 2 days I'll be exactly 11 months c-diff free!! I've tapered down Florastor so I'm just taking it every other day and hopefully will be all the way off it sometime next month. It was a little tricky switching from 2x per day to 1x per day, but going to once every other day hasn't caused any issues so far, thankfully.

You can refer to my Case History for more details about recovery and treatment (basically tapering Flagyl). I find that nowadays I can eat just about anything I want, and can't say I really notice any lingering side effects, other than I seem to be more "regular" than I was before C-diff (a plus?). I've been vigilant about taking care of my health and home-treating any colds, etc that I've had to try to make sure they don't turn into anything that requires antibiotics (thought I'll be slightly less worried about this after a year of c-diff free).

I just want to encourage everyone that it does get better. I had to advocate for myself with just about every doctor visit - the fact that I was a young (21 y.o.), "healthy looking" (even though I had lost 20 lbs and was very weak) female caused doctors to not take me as seriously as I would have liked, I felt. This board was invaluable to me in regards to support and knowing about different treatment options (and to know I wasn't going crazy!). You guys are all life-savers!

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: 11 months!

Postby Bobbie » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:17 pm

Glad we were helpful. Congrats. on your recovery.

Mlbbarry1
Regular Contributor

Postby Mlbbarry1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:43 am

Wonderful success story, stay healthy:)

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 am

Glad to hear things are going well. Thank you for posting this. It gives those who are still suffering some hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

AThurston
Long Time Contributor

Postby AThurston » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:05 am

Congrats!!! It is wonderful to read about your success!!! Good for you, sticking to your guns being your own advocate...
Alletta

arose
Regular Contributor

Postby arose » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:23 pm

So happy to hear of your recovery! I experience doctors not taking me seriously often being a 20 year old female as well. Gives me hope that someone my age got better!!

Congrats!

Return to “Success Stories”