11 months out...C.Diff free

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Eastcoast
Brand New Poster

11 months out...C.Diff free

Postby Eastcoast » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:55 am

Ok...this may seem a bit like shameless self promotion, but I'm 11 months removed from my C.Diff infection and I have made some big changes in my life. I had previously posted on these forums and have only received the best of advice and support from everyone here so I thought I was share my success story.

C.Difficile had almost taken my life about a year ago and at times sometimes I wished it would have. To share my experience I started a blog with another twenty something year old who also battled with C.Diff.

I'm not selling anything on the blog, I'm just trying to provide hope for those that also struggled with C.Diff.

Today I have posted a "thank you" letter to C.Diff for changing my perspective on life and allowing me to start living a healthier life.

Again I am by no means trying to sell anything or even trying to promote my blog I am just trying to provide some hope for those who have also struggled with this nasty infection.

Here is the site

www.pid-productions.com

I hope you enjoy the site and I hope you keep fighting,

EC

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Re: 11 months out...C.Diff free

Postby Kathy George » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:07 am

Thanks for sharing!!!! Individuals like you definitely give hope to those of us who are currently suffering from this beast.
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: 11 months out...C.Diff free

Postby Bobbie » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Eastcoast,
Thanks for posting. Loved your graphics - the TP roll is priceless. Saw your site on FB last night. You might check some of your info., however. None of us are in the medical profession, but to our knowledge, several of the antibiotics you listed as non-offenders - cephalosporins and flouraquines - are offenders. (See CDI - Antibiotics.) Check this out with pharmacists or on one of the health sites.

I'm impressed with your ingenuity and that you care enough to use your blog to help others. You are impressive young people, and we wish you the best.

Let me know what you find out about the antibiotics. I would like to include your site in our standard intro. to new posters but don't want to mislead them. Perhaps we don't have the newest info. - tough to keep up with everything about such a complex, horrific infection.

Return to “Success Stories”