Successful home administered FT

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Palmsbythesea
New User

Re: Successful home administered FT

Postby Palmsbythesea » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Not sure about the milk. She was doing well on the Kefir alone for a while. It seemed to decrease her trips to the bathroom. However, once we did the ft at home it seems like she is having many more trips. We did not test the donor before. But we are going to test now and try a do over if the test comes back good. Our doctors are not cooperative in our area and scoff at the idea of this type of treatment so obtaining a test is even difficult.
It looked promising since the day after the ft things were great and much improvement it was the 2nd day and the days since that have been worse.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:45 pm

You don't need to tell the doctor ordering the stool tests why you want them done. You can say you have been around someone who has been sick and want to make sure that the person doesn't have anything. I asked the doctors' office to have my daughter's stool tested and they did not ask why.

AJmicro
Brand New Poster

Postby AJmicro » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:57 am

@beth22, Dr. Khoruts pointed me to the IBS free at last FODMAPS elimination diet, "Fermentable Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides and Polyols"

There are a few different books using the FODMAPs diet, I used this one: http://www.ibsfree.net/

Good luck!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:19 pm

copied in CDI - Nutrition

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks for that info. Good to know. I've heard about it, but never really looked into it seriously.

hindon82
Brand New Poster

Postby hindon82 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:53 am

I'm really glad you're feeling better :) can you please share the protocol. i'm planning on doing this on Friday and I hope it works for me too.

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:27 am

hindon82, I will pm you!!!!
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

Return to “Success Stories”