cdiff a week after giving birth

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
debdee
Regular Contributor

Re: cdiff a week after giving birth

Postby debdee » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:03 am

Yes, I will also pray for a Christmas miracle for you. You have 5 days left on the Dificid? You will get well!

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:17 pm

renamom, you said the liquid vanco gave you almost immediate improvement? Maybe you should contact your doctor to see if you can go back on that. You could just take a longer course of the vanco and then go on a long taper. That might work better for you and your system.

renamom
Regular User

Postby renamom » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Day 7 on Dificid. Finally some improvement. Less cramping and finally semi formed stools. Still have to force myself to eat though but im adding more bulk to my diet and i continue drinking ensures and probiotics. Will keep posting..

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Hope it works for you. Several on the site have had good luck with it.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:15 pm

That's great news, renamom!

debdee
Regular Contributor

Postby debdee » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:42 pm

So glad that you're seeing some improvement!! May every day get better! Keep us posted!

renamom
Regular User

Postby renamom » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:08 pm

well, its day 10, last day of Dificid and i dont know what to think. I still have spongy stools and cramping (especially in the morning). I feel like im in limbo. I called my Dr. and left a message, maybe i can have a test done. Im worried that Dificid ddnt work. Will update..

JoElizabeth
Regular Contributor

Postby JoElizabeth » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:55 pm

I was right where you're at when I finished the Dificid. In fact, I still have morning IBS issues over 5 weeks later. Here's hoping this is it for you but I agree with Roy to have vanco available over the holiday, just in case. I waited to test until at least 2 weeks after Dificid and then tested again when I had IBS symptoms that made me think I was relapsing. But both were negative and things are getting a little better. It will take us a long time to get back to normal but it sure beats c.diff.

Hope you're able to have a nice holiday and that you see improvement every day!

jo

renamom
Regular User

Postby renamom » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Thank you Jo and Roy,

Jo, I'm following ur lead on this. Every time I don't feel "right" I think about what u said and it makes me hopeful. I spoke with my dr and he is going to rx vanco just in case. I'm still forcing myself to eat.

debdee
Regular Contributor

Postby debdee » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Hi renamom, I pray you keep getting better and hopefully you don't need the vanco. How is your sleep going? Has that improved?
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with healing and health!

renamom
Regular User

Postby renamom » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:11 pm

4 days post dificid. Today of all days I dont feel so well. Ive had really bad abdominal cramps. No D but soft stools. From what others have told me, this normal. I just hope so. Im really wishing Dificid will work. I hope its just "one of those days" because i dnt have a good feeling.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:19 pm

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well today. It is most likely just holiday nerves and wanting so badly to feel "normal" again, combined with the PI-IBS. A little pepto bismol and a nice baked potato for dinner will probably set you right again. Turkey or ham should be fine too, but I'd probably skip the gravy, as much as I hate to say that.

debdee
Regular Contributor

Postby debdee » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:19 am

renamom, sorry you didn't feel too good today. I hope it's only a one day thing. I kinda felt some nausea this morning and afternoon, but I did have some foods that I don't normally eat, so maybe that was it. Maybe for you too? Chirstmas goodies can be "rich". Hope you're resting well. That always helps!

renamom
Regular User

Postby renamom » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:46 am

It might be too soon to speak but I feel great! Yes I have cramping in the morning and still have a little bit of gurgling here and there but its starting to be less day by day and my bm look normal again. I honestly believe the two fecal enemas I did and taking dificid really helped; the enemas to replace what was lost and the dificid to kill the cdiff. I'm praying everyday that this is it and I have high hopes that I'm free.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:55 am

Happy New Year renamom! I'm so, so happy for you.

Return to “Success Stories”