one month vanco free...ready to celebrate

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
jennifer0906
New User

one month vanco free...ready to celebrate

Postby jennifer0906 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:54 am

after 2 rounds of flagyl and one very high and long round of vanco...i think it might be over!

i hope its not too soon to celebrate. i just looked down at the date on my screen and came right over here to share my joy. if anyone can appreciate this one month anniversary it you guys!!! I am still taking care of myself with probiotic supplements and daily kefir. I hope this at least lasts a long time. I am incredibly happy to feel so healthy :) good luck and good health to all =)

karol123
Regular User

Re: one month vanco free...ready to celebrate

Postby karol123 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:36 pm

so happy for you!! i am 2 days vanco free. yesterday was my last day of a taper, it was day off, so i guess today is my first real day totally off. one month sounds like an excellent start, and hopefully finish. thanks for checking back, we all need to hear it.

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Re: one month vanco free...ready to celebrate

Postby Kathy George » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:08 pm

HOW EXCITING!!!!! One month without Vanco is quite an accomplishment. Be careful of those probiotic supplements during post C-Diff. Too much of anything can have a harmful impact within the digestive tract. I would recommend that you slowly taper down on store bought probiotic supplements. During this timeframe the intake of natural probiotics would be to your advantage. Keep us updated and wishing you well throughout the recovery process!!!!
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

Return to “Success Stories”