5 years after C-diff

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
supersmurf
Contributor

5 years after C-diff

Postby supersmurf » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi Everyone,
I've just recently been thinking a lot about this support group and the people battling this nasty bug - the group helped me so much when I was sick - it was nice to have people understand what you were going through and a place to get treatment ideas from - (I went through 14 docs and most of them really had no idea how to treat c-diff - thank goodness though for the ones who did and were willing to try different ideas). It has been 5 years since I battled C-diff for six months (when I was 27) and I have to say I am doing better and healthier now than I was before c-diff. Pulse dosing of Vancomycin in conjunction with lots and lots and lots of probiotics and some excellent care from a naturopathic physician were what worked for me. It took quite a while for my body to recover, probably almost 2 years, but I'm back at a point where I can eat almost everything, I'm stong and I feel very healthy. I've had a few times where pre-c-diff I would have gone for antibiotics, but alternative medicine and time have been all that I have needed so far. I was also blessed a year and a half ago with a wonderful daughter who is the love of my life. For people who are still fighting, take each day and each small victory as it comes and please know that life can be normal again after this illness and just keep trying things until something works. Best wishes. Sharon aka supersmurf

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Re: 5 years after C-diff

Postby Kathy George » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Thank you for posting!!!! Each individual Success Story gives hope to those who are still suffering from this horrible beast!!! This just proves a full recovery is an attainable and realistic goal. I’m delighted that you are doing so well. In addition, congratulations on the birth of your daughter. Keep healthy!!!
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:16 am

I remember you well. Thanks for posting and congrats. on your good health and your daughter. You deserve happiness, and we are glad you found it. You are one of the reasons the site endures - you "give back" what you got here to support others. Thanks for posting. Please keep in touch. You are one of our "stars."

debdee
Regular Contributor

Postby debdee » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Sharon, congratulations on the birth of your daughter and also your recovery. Thank you so much for coming back and sharing your progress. Some days I feel like I'll never get back to my "old self", so your update is an encouragement. Keep checking in every now and then! Thank you and I wish you continued health!
Debbie

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:18 pm

congrats and stay healthy!

Return to “Success Stories”