I am confident transplant worked

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
hgoss
Brand New Poster

I am confident transplant worked

Postby hgoss » Tue May 31, 2011 12:23 pm

After three hospital stays with C. Diff symptoms, and months of dealing with it. I contacted a G.I. doctor who offered interest, empathy, and professionalism. He performed a colonoscopy and transplanted a fecal preparation contribution from my husband. It's only been two weeks since my last vancomycin dose and a week since the procedure, but I feel great and my confidence level is high that this procedure has worked. I live in the Indianapolis area. If my experience can be helpful to anyone, please let me know.

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Re: I am confident transplant worked

Postby Kathy George » Tue May 31, 2011 4:19 pm

I just love success stories...... Please keep us posted as to your continual recovery. Good luck!!!!
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

Princess
New User

Postby Princess » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Yes. . . I would like to know more about this doctor. Is he listed in the Doctor section. It is wonderful to hear that this worked beautifully.

bugem2
New User

Postby bugem2 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:52 pm

We talked a dr into doing the transplant at Loma LInda University Children's hospital. First one they have done and so far my daughter is doing well! We are feeling positive about it. She had toxic Megacolon and UC and was about a minute away from removing her colon. Talked them into transplant as a last ditch.

Return to “Success Stories”