Still living C Diff Free! Nearly 1 year!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
nolagirl
Contributor

Still living C Diff Free! Nearly 1 year!

Postby nolagirl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:51 pm

I was watching Dr. Oz today and he did a "spot" on C Diff. I was very pleased to see him address C Diff, as I have emailed his show about it when I sick with C Diff back in 2010. I am happy to report that I continue to be C Diff free since May 2010!

Here is the episode with Dr. Oz talking about C DIFF today http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/secret-d ... ntibiotics

I have gotten several sinus infections since I recovered from my C Diff. (I actually got C Diff after taking Augmentin for a sinus infection in late Dec of 2009). My infectious disease doc here in New Orleans advised me NOT to get on antibiotics for a sinus infection, even though they are so painful. She advised that I was now at high risk for relapsing with C Diff if and when I take antibiotics again. She warned that a sinus infection did not warrant use of antibiotics (esp when you weigh it against the risk of C Diff) and I agree!! I did purchase a nettie pot and use it on a weekly basis. I recommend using a nettie pot to anyone who deals with sinus issues. It will save your sinuses! I use it after working in the garden, dusting around the house or if I am outside all day and have been exposed to a lot of pollen, etc.

Whomever is reading this, I want to encourage you not to give up! Your C Diff can and will end! I know how troubling it can be. I lived with it for 6 months and know the evil it brings...I know the pain and trauma...

I now find myself on a mission to educate people about C Diff and the use of antibiotics...

Please stay positive and KNOW in your heart that you can overcome C Diff!

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Re: Still living C Diff Free! Nearly 1 year!

Postby Kathy George » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:27 pm

What fantastic news!!!!! C-DIFF FREE FOR 1 YEAR……. Congratulations!!!!! Your triumph gives hope to all those individuals suffering from this horrible beast…. I completely agree with your mission to educate people about C-Diff and the use of antibiotics. Presently, there is much more C-Diff related information out there; however, we still have a long way to go to fulfill our mission in the overall healing of the C-Diff Community. Take care and thank you for your inspirational post!!!!
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

nolagirl
Contributor

Postby nolagirl » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:18 am

Kathy, I send light and love to all who may be reading this...know that each of you can overcome this disease! When you feel in doubt, write down a positive affirmation and put it someplace where you see it all all of the time. My house was covered in positive affirmations. As C Diff rendered me a mental train wreck after nearly 6 mos. I got sooo depressed. It may sound silly, but when I would feel badly and doubt my own inner strength...I would see my affirmations and they would remind me of just how strong I am (and that we ALL are)...and that I my healthy body organisms would KILL the C Diff! :) And, they finally did...

Prayers of healing to each of you...know that you are not alone...and thank God for this forum...what a blessing it has been to so many...

kitkatbek
Regular Contributor

Postby kitkatbek » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Thank you so much for your encouraging post. This bug does such an physical and emotional number on you. I'm so glad you are well. Thanks your advice on the sinus treatments.

April
Brand New Poster

Postby April » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:55 pm

I wanted to pass along some information on dealing with sinus infections, if you still get them. I became ill one summer and was given all kinds of antibiotics and nothing worked. I finally went to a naturopathic doctor who uses a gas called ozone that you breathe through your nose just like when oxygen is administered. According to this doctor it kills viral, bacterial and fungul infections. I even had it blown in my ears for an ear infection. I believe it really helped me and I had no side effects from it at all.

Return to “Success Stories”