C. diff book nearly complete - a plea for help

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
coneal
New User

C. diff book nearly complete - a plea for help

Postby coneal » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Hello all,

This is Chris O'Neal, member of the board, C. diff veteran, and author. Many of you provided inspiration to my wife and I as we struggled through dual cases of C. diff.

The book which I have promised at various times is nearly complete. We have five of five chapters written, my GI and co-author is putting final edits in, and our illustrator is working on the last set of cartoons and figures. Here's my problem: I have two wonderful success stories from Kay and Bobbie, of the boards, but I need 2 or 3 more. The success stories each get their own entire page in the book and I'm trying to do one per chapter. They are a chance for you, the veterans, to inspire and offer hope to the people who will be buying and reading this book. Because we are self-publishing this book, and may not make back our initial investment back in sales, this is NOT an opportunity to make money. Your story would be a donation to the book and to fellow C. diff sufferers; I'm sorry to say we don't have the funds to pay you for your efforts.

I hope you will consider contributing to this book. If you are interested, please contact me via e-mail at cdiffstories@gmail.com. I will then share more details with you. If I have more people interested in contributing than I have slots, then I'll pick the entries that have most in common with the chapters I need to fill.

I hope you will consider helping. We are very close to finishing and hope to begin publishing in March.

Thanks for your time, Chris

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: C. diff book nearly complete - a plea for help

Postby Bobbie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Originally, five people agreed to submit their stories. If you are one of the five, please do so. Or, if you are a new poster and want to share your story, please contact Chris.

Believe it or not, books about GI problems are not best sellers. Chris cares enough to self publish - expensive and time consuming.

Throughout the years this site has disintegrated into a "complaint" site instead of a "we can do" site - both tiresome and boring. If you want C. diff. to become better known (and thus better researched), do something about it.

shayner547
Regular User

Postby shayner547 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:23 pm

I really wish I had a success story to contribute, I am over 2 years now and still trying to beat this. I do look forward to reading your book and the stories of those who contribute their success stories. Best wishes!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:30 am

Sorry you are still suffering with this d... disease. Hang in there. You will eventually beat it, but it is an exhausting process.

coneal
New User

Postby coneal » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Book update on March 4, 2011. I desperately need a male story to include in the success stories part of the book. So far I only have female stories. That's giving a somewhat twisted view of the disease. Help me present a balanced view, men! Please e-mail me at cdiffstories@gmail.com if you'd like to contribute.

Thanks! Chris

coneal
New User

Postby coneal » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks to all who contributed stories. We now have the five success stories we need for the book. Praying that the damn thing gets done in the next two months.

Chris

sprinklergal
Regular User

Postby sprinklergal » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:31 am

Hope you have the book done! If not although I am female I have a tale for you that is not all downs. I have had an incredible experience and I am here cheerfully to tell the tale! Well, there is some bitching too...like about how hospitals don't get that c-diff is highly contagious.(Last time I was admitted I was put in a room with an 87 year old woman with pneumonia. Her continuous relatives brought all their meals with them to eat in the room! I complained, they hated me, and I hope they never got C diff. What was that hospital thinking? I got discharged fast as I figured it was not the place to be for optimum health! Major NY Hospital! Amazingly stupid. Stand up for yourself guys. Let me know about the book and where can I buy it?

coneal
New User

Postby coneal » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:38 pm

For those of you reading this after August 2011, the book is now complete and for sale. You can find a post with information about the finished book "stickied" to the top of the general discussion forum.

Chris

Return to “Success Stories”