almost 3 months gone

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
jessmac
New User

almost 3 months gone

Postby jessmac » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:50 pm

Thanks to this forum I am rid of c.diff after 4 months of infection. I got c.diff after taking clydamycin in labour for strep.b. I dealt with c.diff untreated for a month, because I didn't know what I was dealing with until I could barely function. I did one round of flagyl, 2 standard rounds of vanco and a short vanco tapper. Perhaps it was the tapper that worked, but my gut feeling is that just as necessary was the monster load of PROBIOTICS and SPECIFIC CARBOHYDRATE DIET. I followed the SC diet religiously for a month starting at some point during the tapper and I took Culturelle, Sacro. B. and VSL#3. I also visualized myself starving the bad bacteria with my new diet.
There is no way I would have had the energy at the beginning of this ordeal to take on the SC diet, basically I lived on crackers and gatorade. At this point I have abandoned most of the diet, but continue to limit starch and sugar. My bowels have not returned to normal, but things are totally manageable. I had one real scare at the end of my tapper and I was convinced c.diff was back, but instead of taking more vanco I rode it out and things settled down.
Many thanks to the posters on this forum and best wishes to everyone on your way to healing.

kitkatbek
Regular Contributor

Re: almost 3 months gone

Postby kitkatbek » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:54 pm

It's always good to hear success stories. That must have been tough to have this illness and a new baby. I'm glad you are on the road to recovery.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:02 pm

Cognrats, and thanks for posting. Please keep checking in to let us know how you are doing and to encourage others.

Enjoy that new baby.

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:06 pm

Congratulations!!!!! What GREAT NEWS!!!!! I just love success stories. Success stories motivate each and every C-Diff sufferer. It makes us realize that we can be SURVIVORS as well and not just VICTIMS of this horrible disease. Please keep us updated and enjoy you newly found freedom.
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

Return to “Success Stories”