Cured by bifidobacterium infantis & lactobacillus sporogenes

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
MikeC
New User

Re: Cured by bifidobacterium infantis & lactobacillus sporog

Postby MikeC » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 am

It is my opinion based on lots and lots of research that C. Diff is not an infection in the normal sense. Lots and lots of people have C.Diff and it doesn't cause any problems because they have enough beneficial bacteria to out compete it and it never causes a problem. What is needed for a cure is enough good bacteria to out compete C. Diff, and L. Sporogenes based cultured milk/kefir seems to colonize the GI track readily unlike the bacteria found in grocery store yogurt and Kefir.

You can treat C diff with flagyl (Metronidazole) or Vancomycin but it just forces it into it's spore mode and spores can lay dormant for years. I took antibiotics until they made me sicker than the C. Diff to no effect. I doctor hopped until I was broke and not one of them had a clue. I spent thousands and thousands on unnecessary and ineffective treatments.

I found that eating an entire bowl of store bought yogurt daily fixed the problem temporarily but did not act as a cure. I was in the process of trying to find a doctor to preform a fecal transplant from a clean donor but luckily L. Sporogenes fixed the problem which was why I posted about it here. I made my own cultured milk with L. Sporogenes and align and it did the trick. I feel as L. Sporogenes is a spore forming bacteria it was probably responsible for the cure.

I suffered for many years with C Diff.

I am not suggesting anyone stop taking their meds, but if they don't work after several rounds then they aren't going to after several more. Making cultured milk/kefir/yogurt with L. sporogenes is easy and isn't dangerous.

You can take dried pills and powders but they are dead bacteria mostly, the only viable method to get enough into your system is using them as culture starters for some medium like milk.

Just my $0.02 as someone who beat a many year C. Diff infection that antibiotics could not cure.

Return to “Success Stories”