Finally C Diff Free! YAY!!!!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
nolagirl
Contributor

Finally C Diff Free! YAY!!!!

Postby nolagirl » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:33 am

I just wanted to post an update since so many of you were kind enough to keep up with me while I was sick. I have been C Diff free now for nearly 2 months. I am feeling like my old self again.

I am eating my wonderful New Orleans food again and that is so important to me! It was horrible not being able to eat the cuisine of my city. But, y'all can only imagine what havoc Shrimp Creole would reap on my GI tract! LOL

Thanks to all of those who took time to reply back to my posts, message me back when I had questions, etc.

Please don't lose the faith if you are still battling this disease! I know this may sound silly to some of you, but I am firm believer in the power of positive thought. I posted positive sticky notes ALL over my house. Made sure to put them in areas where I would see them most often. I wrote things like, "I am C Diff Free For Good!" or "I am Healthy!" Even though I had C Diff and was feeling awful, I would look at these positive affirmations and they would make me re-focus on getting healthy. They helped me to focus on a C Diff free future for myself. There were times when I all I could do was focus on being sick with C Diff and thought I would not ever heal. Those sticky notes were immensely helpful when I felt like that.

This was a near 6 month battle for me. My hair is still falling out! But, other than that I am doing wonderful.

Thanks again to all of you! I send healing energy and thoughts to all who are reading this and are still struggling with C Diff.

kitkatbek
Regular Contributor

Postby kitkatbek » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:46 am

Congratulations. To feel like your old self again is inspiring to me since this really did an emotional number on me (like so many people) You can eatanythingyou want? That's wonderful!

nolagirl
Contributor

Postby nolagirl » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:55 pm

Yes, I am eating anything I want! It is great! Drinking coffee. Eating desserts. Eating Creole food and New Orleans seafood! All that good stuff. :)

The only thing I am continuing to do is I am eating yogurt, not eating anything with sugar substitutes (which is healthier anyhow) like Splenda and I am taking my vitamins and supplements every day. I am not taking any probiotics any longer as I am doing so well. Also, the Florastor made me get HORRIBLE acne! Yikes!

It took about b/t 3-4 tapers of Vanco (I can't remember how many now as they are running together in my mind) to do the trick, but it finally worked! :D

My very best to all of you! Think positive and stay strong in body and spirit!

nolagirl
Contributor

Postby nolagirl » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:50 pm

Thanks, Roy. You were a tremendous help during some really dark days. I don't know what I would have done without the help of this support group. Y'all were my life line. Had it not been for the advice of one of the forum members, I would have not know about getting the liquid Vanco (all those months ago) instead of the capsule form. My insurance wouldn't cover my Vanco! So, I was panicked about the cost. It was REAL life saver.

Thanks again for everything!

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:52 pm

YAYYYY!!! Oh I am so happy for you :O). Keep on eating girl...lol! I remember after about a month of being Cdiff free I was so excited to eat blueberry pancakes!! Keep us posted on how you are doing and please keep posting to ecourage others that there IS a end to cdiff!!
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

JenniferH
Regular Contributor

Postby JenniferH » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:30 am

Congratulations, I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading success stories! Please continue to post!!!!

I am so happy for you!!! It gives the rest of us hope!!!

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Finally C Diff Free! YAY!!!!

Postby Bobbie » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:20 am

Congrats. Thanks for your post and your positive suggestions about getting well. Please keep posting to encourage others and let us know how you are doing.

Again, congrats.

nolagirl
Contributor

Postby nolagirl » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:49 pm

It's August 2011 and I am still C Diff free! I use my nettie pot to stave of sinus infections (how I got C Diff in 1st place, taking antibiotic to cure it) and so far so good! I am staying on top of my dental appts b/c I do not want to have a doctor tell me I have a tooth issue and need antibiotics. I have read more than a few posts on this forum about people getting C Diff after taking antibiotics for their tooth issues...

Sill eating whatever I want and healthy!! Please do not give up hope and I encourage everyone to post positive stickies all over your house! Tell yourself YOU WILL HEAL YOURSELF!! So, when you get frustrated and don't think it's possible, you have a positive reminder in front of you. I know the emotional toll this disease takes on on you. I had it for nearly 6 months. I was losing my mind.

My thoughts and prayers pour out to those who have been long term sufferers of this disease for years. You are the meaning of the words fortitude & strength. Please each give yourself the credit you deserve for living w/this disease long term.

Big Hugs to All! I continually keep each of you with C Diff in my prayers...

Hopetobedone
New User

Postby Hopetobedone » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:49 am

Thank you for updating; it's so encouraging to read. What a great feeling to be healthy!!

Return to “Success Stories”