Hope I'm not posting prematurely, but.......

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
aaimom
New User

Hope I'm not posting prematurely, but.......

Postby aaimom » Tue May 18, 2010 1:35 am

I had a fecal transplant last month and I am dancing! Within 48 hours I saw immediate improvement in not only the GI symptoms, but my overall health. I think the 8 month nightmare is finally over! The longest I went without meds before relapsing was 10 days, and now I am on week 4 symptom free. The only lingering effect is I am a bit sensitive to spicy foods, but oh my gosh, I'll deal with that. It is so good to feel healthy again.....my sister has stopped asking my husband, "Is she in the hospital again?" when I am not home when she calls! I am so glad I listened to my PCP and not Dr, Lamont; he said to wait another few months, whereas my PCP said, "This is ridiculous, enough is enough, I'm calling Dr. Liu."

Thank you so much for the support you guys gave me when I was ill. I know it's been a bit since I've posted, but I have been busy making up for last time with my kids and trying to catch up on schoolwork! (I also have to admit, I didn't want reminders of the challenging times!)

But for all of you who are considering this procedure, I want you to know that I am a success story. (I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, I'm just sharing my experiences.) Not giving advice here. Nope. Wouldn't be prudent!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:57 am

That's great news! Which type of transplant did you have - colonoscopy, enemas, ng tube?

aaimom
New User

Postby aaimom » Tue May 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi Beth,

Thanks for your kind words! Okay, this embarrassing cause I'm not sure how to answer your queston. I had a colonoscopy done at the same time and yet I know Dr. Liu mixed a stool sample with I think saline, and used syringes. Hope that helps!

NG tube. ICK. But come to think of it, if that's what it came down to, I would have done that, too!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue May 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Congrats. & thanks for posting. We love to hear success stories.

obp[
New User

fecal transplant

Postby obp[ » Wed May 19, 2010 11:03 am

AAIM I am so happy for you! I am in the process of getting someone to let me get this therapy, and I have a few leads, locally and out of state. Please keep posting so I have some hope.

kitkatbek
Regular Contributor

Postby kitkatbek » Wed May 19, 2010 3:23 pm

So happy for. Please continue with good health.

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm

So happy for you!!! Success stories is what this is all about. It gives the rest of us hope that one day we will be in the same position as you. Keep posting!!!!
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

Return to “Success Stories”