Life is good again!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
sangeeta
Regular User

Life is good again!

Postby sangeeta » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:01 pm

I have been meaning to write my success story for a few weeks now but was busy enjoying the freedom that comes from being c.diff free, just like for a prisoner being set free from the prison. I acquired C.diff in december 2008 after being given ciprofloxcin, mekacin and amoxil. Relapsed and was mis-diagnosed as having typhoid, was again put on ciproflaxcin for 2 weeks and I relapsed again big time. Got one test for toxins positive, was finally put on flagyl for two weeks and this time the D came under control. However for months and months after this I could hardly stand, had lost over 20 pounds, had heart palpitations, urine infection, low iron, low vitamin levels and was house bond for a long time. What helped me most was an antidepressant called Cipralex that my doctor prescribed for me in Sept'09. My apetite returned, it made me happier and I started eating more variety of food, thus building the good flora.

I still don't feel like I was before c.diff but this is a new normal and it is quite alright. I have been able to get myself a job and am really enjoying life with my two boys. A few months ago I could not even contemplate going out or eating pizza but am now able to do both. I did not think I would make it and there were times when I made my peace with everyone around me and was ready to leave, but I MADE IT!

So all of you out there you will get over this and life will be beautiful once again! Hang in there 'when the night is at its darkest, morning is around the corner'

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:55 pm

That is wonderful news, Sangeeta and gives hope to all of us.

God Bless.

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:28 pm

I love reading these stories, as Beth said, it really gives us hope.
Congrats may you continue to enjoy each day!

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm

What wonderful news!!! Such an inspiration for those who continue to battle C-Diff. Take care and enjoy your life to the fullest!!!!

pleasehelp
Regular User

Postby pleasehelp » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:25 pm

Congrats sangeeta, thats great news and im happy for you and your boys.

janmur
New User

Postby janmur » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:41 pm

That is wonderful news....helps me believe that I will be writing my own success story shortly, Stay healthy and enjoy life.

rhona
Regular Contributor

Postby rhona » Sun May 02, 2010 3:22 pm

I was having a rotten day as I think I have relapsed. Thanks for your post. It was very inspirational to me. I really needed to read something like that right now. I hope you are still doing well.

debdee
Regular Contributor

Success Stories

Postby debdee » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:55 pm

Sangeeta,
Are you still posting? How are you doing? So glad you posted your success story!

MelanieW
Regular Contributor

Postby MelanieW » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:46 pm

Awesome! Thanks for writing!
Melanie

Return to “Success Stories”