Success Story

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Success Story

Postby Kathy George » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:25 pm

After 4 horrible months of C-Diff, I decided to try the enema transfusions. I contacted a very support individual via another support group for C-Diff who supported me all the way. I did 8 at home infusions in 9 days. I could tell it worked after the 1st day. It is now 30 days since I have taken any antibiotics and have tested negative for C-Diff. I feel confident that I have been healed of C-Diff, but plan on another culture at the 60 day mark.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:47 pm

Did you get ibs symptoms at all after your infusions? I had a fecal transplant via colonoscopy and have had ibs symptoms every since that are worse than the C diff ever was. Have lost a lot of weight and am intolerant to many foods - dairy (this was also the case during the c diff), but now also any fruit, raw vegetable, and recently even cooked vegetables. My donor was not a blood relative, and I read an article recently that interviewed Dr.Tom Louie in Canada who does fecal transfers that said that people who have the transfers with a blood relative as a donor don't usually get the ibs, but some of the ones who use a spouse or friend do. Wish I had read this before doing the procedure.

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:24 pm

Beth,

For 16 years I was diagnosed with IBS, but since I did the enema infusions, I have had no problems. I feel that it's almost like a miracle. My donor was my son and it worked out in my favor. Did you discuss your ongoing problem with your doctor. I would to see if he/she has any suggestions/ideas. Take care and I hope you continue to improve with the IBS.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Kathy George - That's great! Congratulations. You got rid of two things at once! What antibiotics had you taken before the fecal infusions?

Beth

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:12 pm

Beth,

I was on Flagyl and Vanco. I was on flagyl first for 14 days and after 5 days off, the big C-Diff returned. Then they put me on Vanco for 14 days, but, again, once I went off it came back again. So after that, I was on Flagyl and Vanco for 14 days but realized after 8 days it was not helping so the GI put me on Vanco for 6 weeks on the tampering method, but I realized that was this not working as well, so I decided while I had enough meds. I decided to do the infusions. I did a lot of research and decided it was worth a try. The only thing, as I said before, not only did the C-Diff dissappear, the long time IBS went away as well. Take care.

Return to “Success Stories”