Post Stool Transplant Success

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
bradwi
Brand New Poster

Post Stool Transplant Success

Postby bradwi » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:49 pm

This is my first post to the forum but I have been a long time reader after a six month bout with C diff. Today, I am 42 days off of vanco after I had the stool transplant done in Duluth, MN. The procedure was great. I only had 1 or 2 mildly bad days about a week after procedure. Since then I feel great, everything is back to normal. I eat whatever I want for the first time in what seems like months. I am very optimistic that I beat this thing but still have a while before I reach the 70 day milestone.
I caught c diff after I took Ceftin for an ear infection and relapsed four different times after trying Flagyl and Vanco. Each time that I relapsed it seemed to be worse than the last. I read a lot of the literature on stool transplants and decided to go through the procedure. The procedure was not that bad once I got past the yuck factor. I would encourage anyone to look into this consider this procedure because of the high success rates. If anyone has any questions about the transplant let me know.
Thanks to all the people posting who helped get me through C Diff.

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Postby feelinghopeful » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Huge :)

I'm very happy for you. Glad you posted about it, too. May you continue to be healthy. Eat right for a while!

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:29 pm

Congratulations!! I'm always happy to hear that people are feeling well and have gotten through this illness! Thanks so much for posting.

Wishing you the best,

Karen

Return to “Success Stories”