4 days post infusion

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
gypsylady100
New User

4 days post infusion

Postby gypsylady100 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:15 am

I just wanted to let you all know that I am 4 days post fecal infusion via NG and for the first time since I first got sick with c diff...I feel great. No antibiotics, no diarrhea, no leaking or feeling sick. I feel completely normal. Time will tell but I am here to advocate fecal transfusions. It is sad that only a few doctors around the country will perform this treatment as it can save lives AND many, many months and years of misery for sufferers. It is simple and effective. I urge anyone with c diff to get in touch with a doctor that will help you with this procedure!!!! I was better in about 6 hours... I will keep you all posted on how I feel.

Donna
New User

Postby Donna » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:20 pm

Good for you! Have a great holiday!

gypsylady100
New User

Postby gypsylady100 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:05 pm

thanks Donna......Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you also.

gypsylady100
New User

4 weeks post infusion

Postby gypsylady100 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:30 pm

I am just giving an update. This site has helped me so much through my c diff experience and I want to share what it has been like for me. I first tried Flagyl, then a relapse 3 days later, then tried Flagyl again and from there went directly to a Vanco taper regimen (all through my GI doc). I never felt great through all the antibiotics and kept relapsing with the tapers. I did a stool infusion (GI route....not enema) about 3 months into this whole ordeal. I felt better almost immediately that same day. I have only had one bad day which was about 5 or 6 days post infusion and have never had one bad day since. It has now been 4 weeks of being "normal". I eat whatever I want, I don't have stomach aches, my daily "habits" are normal. I am reluctant to think I am "cured" and fear of ever getting it again but I am here to tell you the incredible and fast difference from a one time dose (30cc) of infusion. I wish more doctors would resort to this method of treatment. I know it sounds exaggerated but having c diff was one of the worst times of my life. I was so darn miserable.

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:19 pm

Good for you!!! I am very happy for you and it doesn't sound exaggarated at all. I understand since I was miserable with my c-diff too and I think we're all scared of getting it back. Congrats again.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:25 am

gypsylady100,
Congrats. to you. Yes, having C. diff. is an awful experience -- & one none of us want to repeat.

Pls. check in now & then to let us know how you are doing & to support others.

Glad the site was helpful -- why we are here.

Again, congrats.

gypsylady100
New User

60 days post infusion update

Postby gypsylady100 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:55 am

Hello everyone. I wanted to check in and let you all know that it has been almost 60 days since my infusion and I have not had any problems at all. My diet and habits are all as they were before I got c diff. I don't even take probiotics anymore. Everything seems to be back to normal. I still wish doctors would be more accepting of offering or even advising patients to have this procedure done early into the c diff fight because it would save so much time and money fighting this horrible disease. I know everyone has a little bit different reaction to the different treatments and some people are successful and others are not. But just be informed, especially to the ones that are not getting cured with multiple treatments of antibiotics, that there is another way that works! I went from being really sick one day to being cured and feeling 100% better literally within 6 hours of the treatment and have my life back. Take care and may you all be in good health !!

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:45 pm

I'm so glad to hear that you've recovered as quickly as you did! That is GREAT news :-)

Out of curiosity, what were your doctor's requirements regarding the infusion? Did you have to test positive 3 times and fail on antibiotics each time? It seems that is the standard for doctors who perform these.

Again, so happy to hear your wonderful news!

Take care,

Karen

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:28 pm

Obviously the DRUG MONOPOLIES are trying to keep this treament in the closest thru their lobbying of the powers to be! Tell you what IF God forbid I ever get this again I am going straight to a family member's !!!! No money no haqssle and IT IS seemingly the cure from all that I have ever read about it for almost two years here now Congrats again!

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Postby feelinghopeful » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:45 am

That's wonderful. Heartfelt congrats to you, gypsy. Vike has a point. This procedure really has been way too slow in making its way into the medical community's bag of tricks. It's shameful. The concept is too logical and inexpensive for them. Replace the healthy bacteria... duh, what a concept. How obvious a solution does something have to be in order for it to be at least looked into seriously and not rejected out of hand. The concept and limited practice has been around for more than half a century, for crying out loud - with respected practitioners reporting extremely high success rates. It's not a panacea but it's close and is a preferable next step to years on expensive, last resort drugs which create further issues (and should be in reserve for things that don't have alternative treatments), surgery or even death. Rant over - at least you've been spared further anguish at the hands of C-Diff and the medical community.

gypsylady100
New User

Postby gypsylady100 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:31 pm

The minimal criteria used to be accepted as a candidate for the stool infusion is that you have had two or more documented episodes of recurrent c diff despite adequate treatment (flagyl or vanco)

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:02 pm

Well, my goodness, at least it's down to TWO. It would be my first choice above antibiotics, period!!!!!

Karen

falco22
Contributor

Postby falco22 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Congrats, Where did you have your infusion done? No Doc does it here in the chicago area

Return to “Success Stories”