Update after stool infusion

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Jan
Regular Contributor

Update after stool infusion

Postby Jan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:43 am

Hi everyone and I am glad to report that I am now C Diff free after having my stool infusion on Sept 10th in Minnesota. Dr. Rubin and Dr. Aas were very nice and very understanding. The whole process only took about 2 hours and with minimal discomfort. I did feel more ill about 3 days after the process and was so worried it did not work. Dr. Rubin told me lingering symptoms could persist for a couple of months but the last 8 days I have finally been feeling better other than "peri menopausal" issues. If any one is thinking about having this procedure feel free to contact me through p..m. messages and I will get back to you a.s.a.p. I suffered almost 2 years with C Diff so recommend this method to any one at ropes end.

Jan

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Postby feelinghopeful » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:49 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope you stay well and continue to improve. How wonderful. I had C-Diff for ages, ,before having a stool transplant. Thank you so much for posting. It's always uplifting to read of somebody's success.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:38 am

Jan, congratulations! I am so glad to hear about your being cdiff free! Hurray! Success stories were what kept me going in my early days of cdiff, so I really appreciate your posting. That's great news.

Jim
New User

Successful Stool Transplant

Postby Jim » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:42 pm

Good for you. I too had a successful stool transplant (administered at home by wife and self, since there were no doctors in Arizona doing this miracle procedure) And hoo ray for the doctors who were willing to do it for you. I would much rather have had the procedure in a doctor's office. But what works, works! Congratulations! Jim

Return to “Success Stories”