4 months off vanco and pregant!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
lawc30
Regular User

4 months off vanco and pregant!

Postby lawc30 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi everyone! I first contracted c. diff. when I gave birth to my first child almost 11 months ago. I had 3 bags of IV antibiotics for Group B Strep during labor. For the next 7 months I was off and on flagyl and vanco until 4 months ago. I still have digestive track issues that I never had before...IBS and acid reflux...but I'm doing much better. I still do not tolerate raw veggies, acidic foods, and peppery foods very well. I've also gotten my strength back.

My husband and I got some good news almost 3 weeks ago now. We are expecting our second child at the end of January. I'm glad to only be battling morning sickness, :) although I will be glad when it subsides as well! My husband and I were trusting the Lord to give us our next child in His time. When I found out, I felt peace even when in the back of my mind the questions were there... Will I be GBS positive again? Will I have to take antibiotics again?

I want to do what I can to be proactive in preventing these things. Has anyone been there and tried some things they know worked to prevent being GBS positive?

Thanks,
Laura
Laura
Godissemperfidelis.com

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:40 pm

Hey not sure how to avoid getting group B strep during this pregnancy, but I know that it doesn't mean you'll get it again just because you had it the first time. Hopefully this time you won't get it and maybe if you do you'll be more prepared since you know about c-diff now. I too got my c-diff during delivering my son this past November, but I got AB's because of a fever not GBS. I didn't have GBS the first time around but like you I will be very nervous about getting it with my second pregnancy. But like I said at least this time we are aware of c-diff so hopefully we will both be able to prevent it from happening with our second pregnancies. Congrats on your pregnancy and beating the c-diff the first time around. Good luck with everything and hopefully you can get through with no AB's. Congrats again!!!

Return to “Success Stories”