I think i finally beat it!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
peanut
Regular Contributor

I think i finally beat it!

Postby peanut » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:32 am

First i have to say, im sorry i havent posted lately. been dealing with some personal issues.
After having cdiff for a long 7 months i am now happy to say that i am 210 days beast free. I do now have IBS and still deal with minor stomach and stool problems here and there but for the most part my colon is healed. still taking probiotics and will for a long time to come. my diet is almost back to normal. still cant tolerate certain foods and some vitamins and minerals.
I want to thank all on this site for your support and guidance, without all of you wonderful people, i dont know how i could of made it through.
Everyone will beat cdiff, just remember time is such the healer of this disease. god bless all...
peanut

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:55 pm

Peanut,
Glad you are doing well. Thx. for posting.

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:31 am

Congrats!!!!

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:50 am

hey peanut
glad to hear you are in full recovery mode. I think we went through very simular experiences with c-diff and I wondered what happened after you stopped posting. Sorry to hear you have on going issue that need investigation. I continue to have quite a battle with my GI tract but thankfully I'm way better than I was!! As for those hormones and menstrual issues, mine also continue to be out of whack, gyne has me on birth control and it has help quite a bit but he still wants to carry out a few of the scopes and procedures to see if the remaining issues will resolve. Not to excited about that either but I just keep hoping it will help and I will feel even better once it is completed, just a bit nervous though.
Take care and keep getting well!
Carrie

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:18 pm

That is wonderful news, Peanut! I'm so happy for you :-) Getting rid of this bug takes a lot of strength and patience, and I know you've struggled. Most of us here have...just wanted to say I admire your strength and will to conquer it. For those still fighting...we all have what it takes to eventually beat it...and I believe we all will in time.

To Carrie: I hope everything turns out well for you. I don't know how long you've been battling C Diff and what if leaves you with, but I'm 77 days off Vanco (got sick in Feb) and I, too, continue to struggle with digestive problems. For the past 4 days, things have been much better, but I'm still quite limited in what I can eat. I hope you feel better soon; my prayers are with you all!

Karen

Jim
New User

success with self administered stool transplant

Postby Jim » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:46 pm

I contracted c difficile when i took cipro for diverticulitus. Months later a diagnosis of c difficile. 4 weeks of high dose vancomycin and florastor: failure. 2 weeks more . no luck. then 6 week taper. not working. Internet showed high success rate for stool transplant. Local gastro guy said no one in AZ did it. Closest was in Washington state. Contacted gastroenterologist in the east who had successfully cured c difficile with enema stool transplants. He talked me through it. With wife as donor, did three transplants and no longer have diahreah. It works. It's no fun, but it works and is well worth it. Why is not every gastroenterologist perfoming stool transplants to fight this terrible bacteria? I had asked my gastro doctor "what if the vancomycin taper doesn't work? He said we start all over again. This is wrong when the stool transplant procedure is available.

Return to “Success Stories”