I think I may have beat this C-diff!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
debralaprade
New User

I think I may have beat this C-diff!

Postby debralaprade » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:13 am

Hi I wanted to give you an update. It is a positive one, so I hope it helps. My GI Doctor weaned me off of Flagyl. I took 4 x a day for a week, 3x a day for a week, 2x a day for a week, 1x a day for a week, and then every other day for a week. Then off of it. I continue and did take the following probiotics:
1. Culterelle was 2x a day now 1x a day.
2. Jarrow Formulas saccharomyces Boulardii With MOS 2x a day now 1x
3. Danactive for breakfast every morning.
4. South Beach Diet drink mix you put in water. It has Inulin, a fiber that works with probiotics and keeps you regular. (Important for me as I have Diverticulosis which led to me to C-Diff)
5. I drink at least 5 16.9 oz of water a day. I no longer use caffeine or drink soda. I am very careful with my diet. Eat 7 small meals a day. A large meal upsets my stomach.
6. I did have an occasional cramp here and there, healing from the colitis caused by the C-diff. I took Bentyl when it was really bad and it helped.
7. I walk two miles everyday/
8. All of these changes have helped me to keep off the weight I lost when I was sick with C-diff. 30 lbs. I need to lose 30 more.

My bowels are now more normal than they have ever been in my life! I feel better than I have for years. These were very minor changes. I have not had a recurrence of C-diff for 2 months. I thank God He guided me to do the right things. I wanted to post this so people can see that this disgusting disease can be beat! Don't give up! I can't say enough about probiotics. I used to have acid reflux and that is gone as well. Please don't give up hope. You can be cured!!!! Hope this helps! Best regards, Debbie
debra laprade

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:51 am

Debra,
Congrats. on your winning out over C. diff. If antibiotics were implicated, try to stay away from them if you can for as long as you can. There are some that are safter than others. See FAQ-Antibiotics.

Thanks for posting to encourage others.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:00 pm

Yay for you!!!! I'm so happy to hear that you feel great :-) You've been really smart about taking good care of yourself, as the others on here try to do also. I think sometimes you just have to get the right combo of stuff to get it to leave. I'm very happy for you and I wish you continued good health! Karen

junbug1029
New User

Congrats!

Postby junbug1029 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:32 pm

Congratulations on your success! I'm going to show my doctor your regimen in the event my latest round of Flagyl/Questran hasn't worked.
Enjoy your good health and summer.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:25 pm

Debra,
Congrats. Pls. continue to post to encourage others.

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:43 am

Debbie,
Congrats!!! Wow good for you. continue to keep up with everything and it sounds like your on a good road.
Please as Bobbie asked , continue to post to help encourage others to keep their chins up.

Ginger
New User

sucess

Postby Ginger » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:40 am

Diane,

Well you sound like your on the road to recovery,,,theBEAST as I call it is gone,,,I had it in March,,the flagyl worked after 2 weeks, but now I am always suspicous of my bowel movements. It lurks in your brain,,, GOOD LUCK,,,Ginger
ginger beane

Return to “Success Stories”