I am hoping I am one of the lucky ones

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
texaslady
New User

I am hoping I am one of the lucky ones

Postby texaslady » Thu May 29, 2008 6:32 pm

I am six weeks out after the meds. My energy level is not back to normal yet, but close. I am still getting a moment of fear when something gurgles, and forever sniff for eau de C diff. I have become an evangelist, trying to get everyone I know to be aware of this beast. Yahoo today had an article and I have had several people ask me if thats what I had. And I say Had. I still have to watch what I eat very carefully, I think chocolate brownies are a thing of the past for me. Still haven't reintroduced salads. The three day rule is my mantra. I have started back to Jazzercise , and clogging, taking it easy. This disease not only messes with your body, it works on your mind too. I was literally paranoid the first week off the Vanco. I will defeat the beast, I will not let it beat me. Good luck to you all battling this, it is a fight we can win.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri May 30, 2008 12:26 pm

texaslady,
Glad you are feeling better. I take Jazzercise, too, & it is one of the things that helped me keept what was left of my sanity after my lst bout of C. diff. (4 yrs. but extentuating circumstances).

Good for you for letting others know about C. diff. It's amazing how many cases there are and still little public recognition.

Return to “Success Stories”