Successful Home Infusion

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Successful Home Infusion

Postby feelinghopeful » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:22 am

Had C-Diff for over a year. 60,000$ in Vanco later I'd had enough. Started the home infusions last Sunday, the 20th of April, basically using Borody's instructions (Borody is my hero, he has saved my life) and my boyfriend as a doner. My doctor was going to do it for me in a month but I literally could not wait one more day. The Vanco was starting to fail again so why the month, so my colon is compromised for the procedure? You get so sick of doctors with their idiotic time tables, indifference to your suffering, and often abject ignorance that it's difficult to feel confidence in anybody but yourself. He said, "You must test positive for C-Diff and been on Vanco for a year in order to have an infusion". I don't know if it's a power thing or what. I have had this disgusting disease since early 2007 for what? You get a negative test but are pooping jellyfish and they look at you like, "well the test was negative". It's been such an incredibly infuriating time. You feel like screaming, "Do I look like an idiot? Do I look like the type of person who doesn't know my own body? Do you think your negative test makes me all better?"

Anyway, I've had eight infusions, some small some larger, over eight days and am now pretty much symptom free. It's miraculous. I was better after the first but had residual cramps and discomfort for a few days but the trips to the bathroom stopped immediately - except for Wednesday, the day we went for Indian food - what did I expect?

As you all know it's a devastating disease that rules your life, where you go, how you live and clean, it undermines your confidence and makes you feel like a leper. I am watching a horror play out with the sister of a friend I didn't know had "infectious colitis". Her immune system is so worn down she's dying from secondary infections. Nobody told her the infusion was an option and I heard about it too late. This whole C-Diff thing has been a nighmare of an experience. I pray it's over for me and am now on a crucade to tell the world they don't have to accept this disease. The infusion has worked for me and many others, so I have read.

If anybody reads this who knows anything about why wine had such a devastating effect on me when I had C-Diff, can you please explain if you know? I'm scared to death to have a glass of wine or a beer. I once, no twice thought I'd cured myself with probiotics til I had a glass of wine and became sicker than I ever was each time. I've since not touched alcohol but don't understand the mechanism. I would love a glass of wine, to start living like a normal human being - having some fun with friends without dread. What does alcholol do that is so devastating when you have C-Diff? What in the alcohol makes it to your colon to reak havoc?

Good luck to you all. I feel for each and every one of you who is not yet cured, from the bottom of my heart.

michd
Brand New Poster

Postby michd » Thu May 01, 2008 8:55 pm

I am new to this website. Glad to hear the infusions are working for you. My 17 year old daughter contracted C-Diff when she had her appendix out and relapsed twice. She is now on a 3 month course of Vanco. Where did you get the information for Dr. Borody's home infusion therapy? I didn't think his office was doing this any more. I am seriously considering this for my daughter. Please let me know.

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

To call Australia

Postby feelinghopeful » Fri May 02, 2008 11:35 am

The number to the clinic in Australia is 612-971-34011 - if you want to have a consult before trying it. They charge about $100 and will talk to you for about an hour.

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

At least they're noticing - article.

Postby feelinghopeful » Fri May 02, 2008 4:19 pm

Return to “Success Stories”